New run!

Asizz

In the Brooder
Apr 7, 2024
We finished most of it yesterday. It still needs the ground cloth around it and the summer partial tarp. (We’re in WI so we’ll do a full greenhouse-type tarp in the winter.) We’re in the city and the chicken limit is 6 so we have an Omlet cube- we bought 4 pullets and acquired a hen that may get integrated at some point. It’s nice to have those little dusty chicks outside! 🙃

Attachments

• IMG_1352.jpeg
    IMG_1352.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1348.jpeg
    IMG_1348.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
We finished most of it yesterday. It still needs the ground cloth around it and the summer partial tarp. (We’re in WI so we’ll do a full greenhouse-type tarp in the winter.) We’re in the city and the chicken limit is 6 so we have an Omlet cube- we bought 4 pullets and acquired a hen that may get integrated at some point. It’s nice to have those little dusty chicks outside! 🙃
Looks great!

I'm in Wisconsin too. The greenhouse tarp we used starting end of January was one of the cheapest ever as it was from a kit the neighbor farmer bought. but only wanted the frame, gave us the tarp and it is still in mint condition. This was for starting our show quality silkie breeding. Hubby built a hutch for them for at night we put a "cozy coop" heater in for a couple of months.

That other thing to the right is a parrot aviary with a regular tarp around that one. That's been that way for about 4 years.

Attachments

• breed pen 2.JPEG
    breed pen 2.JPEG
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
I wish I had a neighbor that would give me a free tarp! I’m glad to see yours are holding up okay, that’s my main concern about my run- our weather is harsh and I don’t want to replace a tarp all the time! I figured we’d work out the problems on the cheaper summer cover before we get the better winter one. Do you worry about ventilation with your tarp? We left windows at both ends of the run for times the middle is completely covered but aren’t sure yet if we should cover those too. Lots to learn!

Back
Top Bottom