NEW PLEASE HELP

AYERIM0212

Hatching
12 Years
Apr 6, 2007
TX
HI IM NEW AT THE FORUM AND NEW WITH CHICKS MY HUBBY DECIDED TO SURPRISE ME WTH 2 CHICKS TODAY SINCE I LOVE ANIMALS I THINK THEY ARE ABOUT 2 WEEKS PLEASE SEND ME AS MUCH INFO ON WHAT I NEED TO LOOK OUT FOR AND RAISING MY BABIES, THEY HAVE FOOD THAT THEY CAME WITH LIKE CRUSHED PALETS AND I PUT FRESH WATER. I WOULD GLADLY APPRECIATE IT VERY MUCH. THANKS AYERIM

Hi,

I'm super new here, too, so don't have much experience to share, but I did want to tell you if you look around on this forum, and this website, there is a TON of information to guide you.

And the folks here are all very friendly and GREAT about answering questions, so I'm sure they'll be able to provide some info. Welcome!

Best of luck with your babies! Can't wait to get mine!

Last edited:
i dont have a ton of info but i can share some
first off depending on how old they are and guessing by what you say and depending on where you live(cold or hot climate) they may still need to be kept inside,in a brooder with a light(haet lamp like you would use for an iguana)with a regular house bulb works fine
they eat starter feed you can buy at any feed store
you should get a waterer for chicks which will prevent them from getting to wet as they would with a bowl of water
are they old enough they fly up out of the box you keep them in(what are you keeping them in?)
i can share more info knowing alittle more about the stuation like what the climate is where you live,how old they are stuff like that you can email me if you like id be glad to help also if you have picture i should be able to tell you if you have hens or roosters

HI! I found the Raising Baby Chicks 101 article on the BYC homepage very helpful. Took away some of the stress of 'I wonder if I'm doing this right'.

THANKS........ SO FAR I THINK IM DOING EVERY THING RIGHT CANT WAIT TILL TOMARROW IM GOING SHOPPING FOR SOME THINGS TO MAKE SURE MY CHICS ARE NICE AND COMFORTABLE.

ONE MORE QUESTIONS SO DO I ALWAYS KEEP THEIR FEEDERS FULL OR DO I FEED THEM CERTAIN TIMES A DAY?? AND HOW CAN I POST PICS??
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom