New Member Here

Welcome to BYC!
Thank you very much!
Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.

He's a super good looking mixed breed! I hope his personality match his good looks.
He has been a wonderful addition to our girls! He is quite friendly and very attuned to the hens! He is quite vocal but we love it! We have no neighbors so he doesn’t bother anyone! Would hatching some of our eggs from him and our hens be bad or good?

Thank you very much!

He has been a wonderful addition to our girls! He is quite friendly and very attuned to the hens! He is quite vocal but we love it! We have no neighbors so he doesn’t bother anyone! Would hatching some of our eggs from him and our hens be bad or good?
Yes! Chances are, any roosters from him would be like him, but that's not always the case.

Most of us get rid of roosters that grow up to be mean to us or other chickens. We can rehome them sometimes but when I know it's a bad gene, I don't want that meanness to be passed on to another generation. Only the good ones get that privilege! 😊

Yes! Chances are, any roosters from him would be like him, but that's not always the case.

Most of us get rid of roosters that grow up to be mean to us or other chickens. We can rehome them sometimes but when I know it's a bad gene, I don't want that meanness to be passed on to another generation. Only the good ones get that privilege! 😊
I’m confused? Sorry…. He is great and friendly as stated above. I’m just wondering about crossing him with RIR or Americauna?

Thank you very much!

Personally, I like mixed breeds because they all look unique. As long as you have a plan for your excess roosters there is nothing wrong with hatching some of his chicks.

Back
Top Bottom