Need Specific Instructions for Frontline Plus

Coopa Cabana

My Coop Runneth Over . . .
10 Years
Aug 30, 2009
Colorado
My Coop
My Coop
To convert the Frontline Plus dosage/directions for Bantam Cochins, could someone please tell me:

1) how many drops to use
2) where should the drops be applied
3) when to re-apply

Also:
4) are the eggs safe for human consumption during treatment?
5) does the treatment affect fertility or hatch rates?

Thank You!

Are you talking about the Frontline manufactured for cats or dogs? I've never heard of it being used on poultry and would be really careful about doing so without the authorization of either a knowledgeable avian vet, or the manufacturer of the product themselves. Most of these types of drugs are made specifically for a species and there could be drastic side-effects to using them on a different species.

If you have a product that is made for poultry, the above advice obviously is moot
hide.gif

I occasionally use Frontline for young kittens on the flock when the bugs become too much and I want to give the Pyrethrin a rest.

I typically use about 2-3 drops on the back of the neck where they can't easily reach, plus 1-2 drops on the butt-fluff far below the vent. If the infestation is bad, then you might consider using just a little more. I usually don't reapply with the Frontline; just go back to using the ol' standard powders. It's probably best to only use Frontline (or any flea/tick product meant for dogs/cats) as a last-resort big guns method. I've never had any problems yet, but I'm not going to tempt fate, either.

I have no clue about the fertility/hatch rate, but I think the eggs should be perfectly fine.

Back
Top Bottom