My 4 week old Frizzle, Harold Crick, boy or girl??

whitneywpanetta

Songster
7 Years
Mar 30, 2013
Atlanta, GA
I bought a frizzle chick, the woman I bought her/him (I will go with her from now on for good luck) from estimated 3 weeks old, which puts her around 4 weeks. She looks a lot bigger than the silkie I bought from her at the same time, but they could be different ages. I'm guessing Harold Crick is 4-5 weeks old. She is feathering out nicely, I know some people say males feather slower, but I don't know if frizzles are different. I noticed tiny little wattle looking things coming in, they look pink/red, which gave me a bit of a heart attack, but I might be overreacting. I just really need her to be a her, I already have a one year old rooster who is trouble :)

A shot of her comb. It hasn't changed much in the last 1 1/2 weeks

A lovely profile shot

This is the best shot of the wattles I see, the one on the right side seems a little bigger than the one on the left

Full body shot, nice and fluffy!

I truly love both of you for saying pullet. I hope those guesses keep coming in. What should I be looking for as she gets older? I feel like I can't tell with feather growth on her because she is a frizzle, and I am unfamiliar.

Here is a better picture of the right side wattle. It is redish, and bigger than the one on the left. 4-5 weeks old, is it normal to already see this?

Frizzles will be kind of hard, so I'd keep an eye out on the comb. I had a cuckoo marans with a tall comb and red wattles like yours, she turned out to be a girl. As long as that comb stays peach or yellow and those wattles don't get bigger, you should have lady. I'd do an update at 7-8 weeks, maybe that will help a little more.

Back
Top Bottom