Modifications on Producer’s Pride Sentinel (so far)

I had planned to do the same thing but I want them to be able to dig in the dirt and I don’t want to run the risk of a foot injury. We ended up lining it with pavers and we use tie wire like twist ties around the locks. It’s only been a week or so that they have been out but so far so good!View attachment 3801403
Thanks for replying. Your syrup looks nice. Do you keep the pop door open all the time? How did you secure the locks for the side doors? Thank you!

I had planned to do the same thing but I want them to be able to dig in the dirt and I don’t want to run the risk of a foot injury. We ended up lining it with pavers and we use tie wire like twist ties around the locks. It’s only been a week or so that they have been out but so far so good!View attachment 3801403
Thanks for posting. I might try the pavers idea, too. What did you do about the pop door on the coop? Did you secure that somehow? Do you mind sharing photos of how you secured the locks on the side doors? I appreciate your help!

I had planned to do the same thing but I want them to be able to dig in the dirt and I don’t want to run the risk of a foot injury. We ended up lining it with pavers

Thanks for posting. I might try the pavers idea, too.
Keep in mind that while pavers might stop some diggers from digging at the side of the set up, it would not stop anything that tunnels as they would simply find the obvious outside edge of the paver and tunnel under it (the idea with a wire apron is that the edges get hidden in the landscape so pests and predators don't know where the edge is to get in). There's also no way to attach a paver to the run wall to cover any small gaps from the bottom of run to the ground.

Back
Top Bottom