Mixing cochins and sexlinks?? HELP!! new at this

schmoo

Songster
12 Years
May 7, 2007
West MI.
A lady near my home has some cochins for sale that are 8 weeks or so old. I have 25 sexlink hens (7 weeks old) and one for sure barred rock roo that is the same age. a sweetie
big_smile.png

SO -If I want to add some cochins (which she says are super loveable and docile) to my hens "at night under extreme NO stress as possible conditons" what do you think ? There are no really dominent hens in my crowd so far, it just seems the bigger girls rule. LOL The roo seems to try to make them all happy
tongue.png
The lady said the cochins are about 10 pounds full grown - the same or MORE than my layers will be. Do you more experienced people think it will work? I have NO experience. Be honest. I need your advice PLEASE. They are not free ranged but have a LARGE coop and run.

Hmmm, should work...but you will want to quarantine them for about a month just to make sure there are no illnesses...or "bugs" Is there a way you can put them in the coop...but seperated by fencing? So they can all look...but not touch. That way they can get to know each other, during quarantine.

Back
Top Bottom