Matilda is going to lose her feet. :(

Pics
I only have names for roosters during our massive heat wave lost all my banty birds but now have 7 growing up ..
You have done amamzing things to allow her to live and thrive
Im really sorry to hear your recent heat wave killed your bantys. Excessive heat is definitely more deadly than excessive cold. Ive lost some during heat waves in past years too.

If @Sally PB doesnt offer a name, i ll soon think of something. (Or someone here can). That red hen has definitely earned a name. Something that signifies "devoted friend." 🙂

I haven't posted on this thread before, but have been following since the begining! I always kinda thought Matilda's friend's name could be Miss Honey. From the movie Matilda. In the movie, Miss Honey is the friend, teacher, and mom Matilda always needed
I like that name! I never saw the movie you mention, but the Miss Honey you describe from the movie definitely fits the role of Matilda's friend!

I like that name! I never saw the movie you mention, but the Miss Honey you describe from the movie definitely fits the role of Matilda's friend!
Oh man, Matilda is a classic 90s kid movie, totally worth the watch. Full of 90s cheese and very heartwarming, feels quite like a fable. It's based fairly closely on the Roald Dahl book of the same name.

And Miss Honey is an adorable name for Matilda's little chicken friend!

Last edited:
Oh man, Matilda is a classic 90s kid movie, totally worth the watch. Full of 90s cheese and very heartwarming, feels quite like a fable. It's based fairly closely on the Roald Dahl book of the same name.

And Mrs. Honey is an adorable name for Matilda's little chicken friend!
Sounds like Matilda's friend now has the name Miss Honey! I will see if i can find the movie on youtube. If its there, gonna watch Matilda the kids movie.😊

Sounds like Matilda's friend now has the name Miss Honey! I will see if i can find the movie on youtube. If its there, gonna watch Matilda the kids movie.😊
I'm honored that you(and others) like the name! It really is a fitting name for Matilda's friend. Hope you can watch the movie!

I should have specified if i can find the Matilda movie For Free on youtube, cause im cheap that way.😁 i did watch some free movie clips, including scenes with Miss Honey, and now understand why is that is a perfect name for Matilda the chicken's red hen friend.

Anyone have a hen named Ms.Turnbull? I hope not!!!

I should have specified if i can find the Matilda movie For Free on youtube, cause im cheap that way.😁 i did watch some free movie clips, including scenes with Miss Honey, and now understand why is that is a perfect name for Matilda the chicken's red hen friend.

Anyone have a hen named Ms.Turnbull? I hope not!!!
Ms. Trenchbull is the name reserved for the meanest, most ornery chicken!😂

Ms. Trenchbull is the name reserved for the meanest, most ornery chicken!😂
Oops guess i got the name wrong after the short movie clip i watched. I do have One hen deserving of the name Ms. Trenchbull, but she already has a fitting name. I will definitely keep Trenchbull in mind for any future mean hens. (Luckily that quality is very rare in my flocks). 🤣

Back
Top Bottom