Lump on my chickens face??!

BuffBuff123

Chirping
6 Years
Sep 17, 2013
Köln, Germany
Hi
I have a chicken, who has had a lump on her face for a while (about 2 months) and it is underneath her skin, it is soft, and it's between her eye and her beak. She is also 4 years old, and pure white. What could this be, she is eating drinking fine, and doesn't seem ill?

Here is a picture, what is this lump?

That looks to be a respiratory infection with sinus swelling. Get some Tylan 50 with 3 small syringes and needles. Give 1/2 ml of Tylan 50 in the under the skin in back of the neck or into the breast muscle for 3 days. Mycoplasma and coryza are 2 common diseases, though coryza usually has a bad odor. Does she have any bubbles in the eye, nasal secretions, wheezing or gurgles, or pus in the eye? Here is a list of chicken diseases to read: http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ps044

Mycoplasma is a chronic disease that can come back. Sometimes pus pockets will form around the eye, and need to be removed because they become solid masses. If you don't think it is that, then it may be a tumor or cyst. I would suggest you get a vet to look at it.

Back
Top Bottom