LOUD SCREAMING

jaredrah777

Chirping
Jul 26, 2023
hi guys! my chickens are all about 11months-1 year old and starting just recently at around 6:00 am they start going absolutely ballistic. Not just crow here and there just constant loud crows/screams. The thing i dont understand is that they never did this before! they all have been laying for some time now, but at this points its getting out of hand. If it was squaks here screams there trust me id 100% be fine with it. I just cant do the constant screams and crows from 6am-8am every morning. I live in a suburban neighborhood so it always makes me nervous when they get like this, but i try my best to keep them entertained when they start the screaming around 6am. Ill let them out of the coop/run for a little, fees them, hang a cucumber for them doesn’t matter the second i leave its back to screaming

id also like to add i have 6 hens 3 isa browns 1 leghorn 1 amberlink 1 new jersey giant. They all lay 1 egg every single day and are healthy as can be.

i also know its probably easy to think im being overdramtic or making a big deal about it.

TRUST ME NO! 2 hours straight of non-stop screaming and crowing

Yeah, if absolutely nothing is wrong, I'd ignore them. You can't train a chicken to be quiet, but you can 100% get them to be noisier if you reward it. The only thing I can think of is soundproof their coop a bit and keep them inside from 6-8 but that may not work either. Other than that, bribe your neighbors with eggs in hopes they'll be understanding

Is it the egg song?
They may have trained you to give them treats when they scream.
thank you!

no clue its a mix of alerting for danger/ and just straight screaming. I think they really love to be let out and eat all the leaves that fall from the trees during the night that they see from outside the coop🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ no clue but just my guess, But either way its ridiculous the noise they make. Saw online they have crow necklaces for roosters that also work on hens, seems like junk & doesn’t have the best reviews. I think im just gonna have to let them screem bloody murder 6-8 and just cross my fingers the neighbors dont complain.

Yeah, if absolutely nothing is wrong, I'd ignore them. You can't train a chicken to be quiet, but you can 100% get them to be noisier if you reward it. The only thing I can think of is soundproof their coop a bit and keep them inside from 6-8 but that may not work either. Other than that, bribe your neighbors with eggs in hopes they'll be understanding
thanks you!

ya i think thats my only option, to just ignore them unfortunately and hope it slowly passes. The worst part is i know my neighbors hear it in the morning. my bedroom is located towards the front/middle of the house, my chickens are in the backyard maybe 100-125 feet away and even through my windows and the walls i can hear it loud and clear. As of now its my alarm to get up and get them to shut the frick up so the neighbors dont turn on me😂

There might be a predator checking out their coop trying to get in.
Cat, fox, snake, possum, raccoon etc.

Even hawks and owls might perch for a moment on the coop roof scaring your chickens causing a riot.

Maybe set up some trail cameras to find out.

no clue its a mix of alerting for danger/ and just straight screaming. I think they really love to be let out and eat all the leaves that fall from the trees during the night that they see from outside the coop🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ no clue but just my guess, But either way its ridiculous the noise they make. Saw online they have crow necklaces for roosters that also work on hens, seems like junk & doesn’t have the best reviews. I think im just gonna have to let them screem bloody murder 6-8 and just cross my fingers the neighbors dont complain.
Cover any windows, if your coop is big enough, don't let them into the run until they're done.

update

i covered the coop to try and get it darker but it made it worse instead of 5:30 am screaming started at around 4:45 persistently the past couple days. i let them out to shut the FRICK UP! and let them ruin everything and 💩 everywhere in the backyard and go back to sleep for 2 hours. i wake up put them back in and spend 30-40 mins cleaning the yard. The second i put them back in its straight to screaming. i cant take it anymore will cull all 6 this weekend… sad but its absolutely ridiculous at this point. i mustve spoiled them way to much or let them out to much who knows. ive had them all 6 for sale online and reached out to others who may want them but nobody does and i dont blame them.

maybe ill try again later but ill stay far away from isa browns, leghorns, and NJ Giants i can promise you that.

i just dont get what changed because the first 10 months of having them i had no issues at all they never made a noise at all!

Back
Top Bottom