Let's Play the Ever Popular - Roo or Pullet?

charlotteda

Songster
15 Years
Dec 28, 2008
Pickens SC
My lavender ameraucana chickies are 5 weeks and 3 days old. Except for the smallest one (nugget) who is 5 days younger. I know it's too early but you know we drive ourselves crazy trying to guess! I would love your votes.

My guess: #1 (yellow) is a cockerel - redder comb, very bold
#2 (pink) is a pullet - she is larger but more submissive and less red comb
#3 (green) is a pullet - small light color comb, squeals like a girl alot
#4 (blue) is a cockerel - his comb is not as red as #1 but it grew first and he loves to chicken fight
#5 (Nugget) - younger. I wish nugget would be a pullet but I am afraid he is a roo. He is quite bold.

I also seem to notice that the possible pullets have poofier rounder tail feathers at this stage. My husband says I am trying to see something that he does not LOL
yellow and pink.png
green and blue.jpg
nugget.jpg

Not meaning to hijack your thread but I have a 5 week old lavender Ameraucana as well that I’m trying to sex. It’s developed quite a bumpy comb so worried it’s a cockerel, but I’m fairly new to chickens so hoping for some other opinions. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_7565.jpeg
    IMG_7565.jpeg
    271 KB · Views: 9
Not meaning to hijack your thread but I have a 5 week old lavender Ameraucana as well that I’m trying to sex. It’s developed quite a bumpy comb so worried it’s a cockerel, but I’m fairly new to chickens so hoping for some other opinions. Thanks!
That does look like a cockerel, but too young to be certain. No redness has shown up yet. Wait a few more weeks, then make your own post and lots of us will be happy to give you an opinion. Welcome to BYC!

Back
Top Bottom