Just wanna make sure everything is OK for goose egg

BlueO

Chirping
Nov 8, 2023
Hello BYC! So I have a Canadian goose egg in the incubator and I’m supposed to stop turning it tomorrow. I think it’s doing well if I set it down it wiggles around. I canceled it tonight in the air cell has grown larger. But I just wanna make sure everything‘s OK because I’ve never incubated goose eggs before. Just today when I canceled I saw that everything that used to be black sort of cleared up and I can see the chick better. It’s moving around and wiggling the egg if I set it down. Is this normal that the egg sort of cleared? I think this has happened with my duck eggs, but I don’t really remember. Did I not incubate enough? I looked it up and it said Canadian goose eggs take 28 days to hatch same as ducks but most goose eggs take 35. It’s going into lockdown tomorrow at 10:00.

Help would be very appreciated! (Again, not criticism. This is a rescued goose not a stolen one.) 😊

Also, what time should I put it into lockdown? I started incubating it the first day at 6:00pm. Does it matter or is this something I should worry about as well?😅

Always count the day u placed them in the incubator as day 0
Hello BYC!
Hi there...from central AR
So I have a Canadian goose
Just fyi.. Canadian geese are wild game so technically you are supposed to contact wildlife rehabilitatior, but....I won't tell.
egg in the incubator and I’m supposed to stop turning it tomorrow. I think it’s doing well if I set it down it wiggles around. I canceled
it tonight in the air cell has grown larger. But I just wanna make sure everything‘s OK because I’ve never incubated goose eggs before. Just today when I canceled I saw that everything that used to be black sort of cleared up and I can see the chick better. It’s moving around and wiggling the egg if I set it down. Is this normal that the egg sort of cleared?
Well if u can see movement that's good. The air cell will get larger when they get closer to pipping
I think this has happened with my duck eggs, but I don’t really remember. Did I not incubate enough? I looked it up and it said Canadian goose eggs take 28 days to hatch same as ducks but most goose eggs take 35
Muscovy ducks take 35
. It’s going into lockdown tomorrow at 10:00.

Help would be very appreciated! (Again, not criticism. This is a rescued goose not a stolen one.) 😊
O ok...rescued thats wonderful

I would starting cheaping at the egg from time to time .. motivation to hatch will think he has siblings hatching beside him ...and sometimes geese may cheap for 24 hours before they break out. Best of luck. STAy positive
I’ve always whistle and making chick noises and that usually makes it wiggle. 😄

Also should I stop turning it tomorrow, late tonight or just anytime today. If you’re supposed to count day one as day zero I’m kind of confused now.

I’ve always whistle and making chick noises and that usually makes it wiggle. 😄
I always "cheap cheap" at my chicks from incubation to free range or when I want them to go back into their temporary housing until they decide to be grown ups and find their satisfactory roost that makes them comfortable for a lifetime. Ill walk circles around their housing "cheapcheaping"..sometimes ill turn around and say "yall calling me cheap"? Sometimes my best of the bunch will roost on my boot and cheap back.
As if answering....makes me smile

I always "cheap cheap" at my chicks from incubation to free range or when I want them to go back into their temporary housing until they decide to be grown ups and find their satisfactory roost that makes them comfortable for a lifetime. Ill walk circles around their housing "cheapcheaping"..sometimes ill turn around and say "yall calling me cheap"? Sometimes my best of the bunch will roost on my boot and cheap back.
As if answering....makes me smile
Aww that’s sweet.

Back
Top Bottom