It's that time of year again!!

Sydney65

Crowing
Aug 2, 2019
Indiana
So I had a brief conversation that I shouldn't have had about genetics. Shouldn't have had because I got lost after the 3rd word, I think.:confused:
I used that calculator just to see what it said I would end up with, but it's limited. Example, if you put in the options for a blonde, you'll get ivory-blonde isn't an option.
So the conversation was that I was contemplating segregating the jumbos to take them out of the mix, having the slates and violets together, bc supposedly that would produce most likely lavender and attenuated slate.
-and that I'd like to put the blonde male with his own harem of lavender, CB & choc. Per the calculator, an "ivory" w/choc = choc.
W/CB= CB or Opaline. W/Numi = lavender or porcelein. W/violet= choc or violet.
The response was "Yes, if the birds you cross dont have shared alleles, youll get pearls. Because they will just be recessive carriers of mutations on multiple loci."
So mb I made it to the 6th word.
Alleles-one of two or more alternative forms of a gene that arise by mutation and are found at the same place on a chromosome.
And loci is placement of the gene on the chromosome.
Beyond that, what is she saying? It kind of sounded like she was saying "congrats, you'll soon have a load of PGs."

Back
Top Bottom