Is there a Blue Laced Silver Wyandotte rooster?

sideWing

Songster
6 Years
Apr 9, 2015
Utah
Hello All,

I'm raising some SLW right now and trying to hatch out some BLRs. I have seen some Blue Laced Silver hens pictured here and there and there seemed to be some discussion about them between 2009 and 2012. I cant find much after that time period and as far as I can search I don't see anyone selling them. I thought I read that the pullets come out one color and the cockerels another and I started wondering if there aren't any Blue Laced Silver Roosters and maybe that's why they have not really taken off?

Does anyone know if there any Blue Laced Silver Roosters and if anyone working on the project?

Here is a pic from another thread here on BYC from member RFR of CA.

Hey, didn't know if you wanted me to post this again, but I thought I would.

There are many different varieties of Wyandottes, but the only ones that are accepted by the Standard are Silver-Laced, Golden-Laced, White, Buff, Black, Partridge, Silver-Penciled, and Columbian (there may be more, my edition is old, 2001, but most likely not). The one pictured above I've never seen or heard of before, looks like a cross between a Silver-Laced Wyandotte and Blue Wyandotte (Blue makes black fade to grey)

Blue-Laced Red Wyandottes are also not excepted by the Standard, and their origins are not well-known. I heard something about Gold Wyandottes (which no longer exist) and Blue Andalusians for a Blue-Laced Wyandottes (not sure if those are the same as Blue-Laced Red). I'm going to guess something close to Silver-Laced Wyandotte (blue-lacing) and a breed with the dark mahogany dominant gene, like Rhode Island Red.

Hope I could help!

Hey, didn't know if you wanted me to post this again, but I thought I would.

There are many different varieties of Wyandottes, but the only ones that are accepted by the Standard are Silver-Laced, Golden-Laced, White, Buff, Black, Partridge, Silver-Penciled, and Columbian (there may be more, my edition is old, 2001, but most likely not). The one pictured above I've never seen or heard of before, looks like a cross between a Silver-Laced Wyandotte and Blue Wyandotte (Blue makes black fade to grey)

Blue-Laced Red Wyandottes are also not excepted by the Standard, and their origins are not well-known. I heard something about Gold Wyandottes (which no longer exist) and Blue Andalusians for a Blue-Laced Wyandottes (not sure if those are the same as Blue-Laced Red). I'm going to guess something close to Silver-Laced Wyandotte (blue-lacing) and a breed with the dark mahogany dominant gene, like Rhode Island Red.

Hope I could help!
Thank you I did! So far I have read that it's a Silver Lace roo over a Splash BLR. Then take the splash hens from that breeding and put back to the SL roo. So I think you re right about the splash turning the black lace to grey. I'm trying to find more info on it. I was hoping someone from here had done it.

There will be no splash hens from Silver Lace x splash BLRW. Splash is pure for the Bl gene: The offspring would all be Bl/bl: the normally black areas of the plumage would be blue. The hens would be S/- The roosters S/s+ To get a rooster that is S/S and Bl/bl You could breed The hens from your cross back to the Silver laced rooster. Half of the roosters from this breeding would be Bl/bl blue laced, and half would have the black lacing of of a normal SLW. The mahogany gene from the BLRW might mess with you for a while.

There will be no splash hens from Silver Lace x splash BLRW. Splash is pure for the Bl gene: The offspring would all be Bl/bl: the normally black areas of the plumage would be blue. The hens would be S/- The roosters S/s+ To get a rooster that is S/S and Bl/bl You could breed The hens from your cross back to the Silver laced rooster. Half of the roosters from this breeding would be Bl/bl blue laced, and half would have the black lacing of of a normal SLW. The mahogany gene from the BLRW might mess with you for a while.

*facepalm* I replied too quickly. I knew they would look SL and have the BLW gene. Thank you for clearing that up.

The mahogany gene from the BLRW might mess with you for a while.

Maybe that's why you don't see them very often. I guess it could be that folks are still working on them quietly trying to clean them up. I read an article about the Lavender Wyandotte and that breeder had them for ten years working on them before he started showing them off.

Last edited:
I know this is an old thread, but did anyone ever find these in the US
Hello All,

I'm raising some SLW right now and trying to hatch out some BLRs. I have seen some Blue Laced Silver hens pictured here and there and there seemed to be some discussion about them between 2009 and 2012. I cant find much after that time period and as far as I can search I don't see anyone selling them. I thought I read that the pullets come out one color and the cockerels another and I started wondering if there aren't any Blue Laced Silver Roosters and maybe that's why they have not really taken off?

Does anyone know if there any Blue Laced Silver Roosters and if anyone working on the project?

Here is a pic from another thread here on BYC from member RFR of CA.

I know this is an old thread, but did anyone ever find these in the US
I saw something really similar - blue laced salmon - you can look it up. I know you replied a long time ago though. I was looking at this thread because I have a little cochin mix whose wing feathers are starting to come in and the pattern is very similar to the above although maybeeee penciled instead of laced.

good morning i need help attached below is a picture of my silver partridge Brahma rooster and the following hens
2 silver partridge brahma hens
1 golden laced wyandotte
1 Blue laced wyandotte
1 BSO Brahma Hen
2 Buff Orpington hens

so i want to know what will i get if i cross breed silver Partridge Brahma rooster with this hens
1 golden laced wyandotte
1 Blue laced wyandotte
1 BSO Brahma Hen
2 Buff Orpington hens
awaiting ur views

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-09-22 at 11.19.32.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-09-22 at 11.19.32.jpeg
    388.2 KB · Views: 17
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-09-22 at 11.18.29.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-09-22 at 11.18.29.jpeg
    153.2 KB · Views: 17
Hey ! I know this is extravagantly old , lol but I have looked EVERYWHERE for the color of my hen that matches yours ! She’s a Wyandotte , the rooster was SLW I’m not sure the hen the colors were between BLR, Gold Laced, and Silver laced. I ended up with a SLW cockerel and a Black red laced cockerel and a hen identical to yours , everytime I Google image it comes back blue laced silver , everyone says she a BYM , but she’s full wyandotte so I don’t see how that is. Anyways, I was jus curious did you ever figure out from any other site or group what her color classified as ?

I’m curious how the color/lacing works for producing this.

She’s skittish and doesn’t get close but these are here she’s

Attachments

• 8A65F826-71A5-4B05-806E-2286F56042EF.png
    8A65F826-71A5-4B05-806E-2286F56042EF.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 16
  • 47170946-F351-4B4E-BF93-69F0470C7CD4.png
    47170946-F351-4B4E-BF93-69F0470C7CD4.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 16
  • 0A278ED4-122D-4E84-9DF5-28124F84AF42.png
    0A278ED4-122D-4E84-9DF5-28124F84AF42.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 16

Back