Is strombergs chickens a reliable hatchery?

Kessel23

Hi Bug
6 Years
Feb 6, 2018
Wisconsin
Hi guys, many years ago my father ordered 8 peachicks from Murray McMurray hatchery, he was planning to keep them with our chickens but found out that chickens and peafowl don't mix :( unfortunately he did not do enough research and now we had nowhere to keep the little peachicks... Most of them did not make it and the rest were given away because of how ill prepared we were. I was only a child back then but now I am much older. This year as I was buying chickens online from McMurray's, my mother asked me if they had any peafowl available, I checked and they did not have and peachicks left. I looked around online for other peachick hatcheries and I found one called Stromberg's chickens, they had a straight run batch of 8 peachicks available for $400, I got them and scheduled the delivery for June 1st, 2018. This was the first time I had ordered birds without my dads help and I realized many mistakes with the breeds I had chosen after I ordered, now I know not to ever pick out 75 chickens in one a day again because I found many breeds of chickens afterwards that were better suited for me. But the real disappointment I had was when I found out that McMurray's was not sold out of peafowl, they were sold out of peachicks but had many juvenile birds available. My family has gotten birds from Mcmurray's for well over a decade and I trust them but I had never heard of Stromberg's until they day I ordered the peachicks... Have any of you guys gotten peachicks from Stromberg's? Are they reliable? Should I cancel my order and get juvenile peafowl from McMurray's or will Stromberg's work out fine?
27781060_915876471921804_1542510919_n.png
27781197_915876568588461_988952020_n.png

:(:fl I really jumped the gun with this order, I will definitely take weeks to consider different breeds and options next time. Also, I will definitely research hatcheries before ordering from now on! Please help me out guys, is Stromberg's a reliable hatchery, or should I go back to McMurray? :(:fl

Hi guys, many years ago my father ordered 8 peachicks from Murray McMurray hatchery, he was planning to keep them with our chickens but found out that chickens and peafowl don't mix :( unfortunately he did not do enough research and now we had nowhere to keep the little peachicks... Most of them did not make it and the rest were given away because of how ill prepared we were. I was only a child back then but now I am much older. This year as I was buying chickens online from McMurray's, my mother asked me if they had any peafowl available, I checked and they did not have and peachicks left. I looked around online for other peachick hatcheries and I found one called Stromberg's chickens, they had a straight run batch of 8 peachicks available for $400, I got them and scheduled the delivery for June 1st, 2018. This was the first time I had ordered birds without my dads help and I realized many mistakes with the breeds I had chosen after I ordered, now I know not to ever pick out 75 chickens in one a day again because I found many breeds of chickens afterwards that were better suited for me. But the real disappointment I had was when I found out that McMurray's was not sold out of peafowl, they were sold out of peachicks but had many juvenile birds available. My family has gotten birds from Mcmurray's for well over a decade and I trust them but I had never heard of Stromberg's until they day I ordered the peachicks... Have any of you guys gotten peachicks from Stromberg's? Are they reliable? Should I cancel my order and get juvenile peafowl from McMurray's or will Stromberg's work out fine?

:(:fl I really jumped the gun with this order, I will definitely take weeks to consider different breeds and options next time. Also, I will definitely research hatcheries before ordering from now on! Please help me out guys, is Stromberg's a reliable hatchery, or should I go back to McMurray? :(:fl
I have never ordered pea chicks from Stromberg's but I have ordered other fowl and merchandise from them.

Stromberg's has been around for a very long time. I have always received excellent customer service from them. All of the poultry that I ever got from them did excellent.

Good luck.

I have never ordered pea chicks from Stromberg's but I have ordered other fowl and merchandise from them.

Stromberg's has been around for a very long time. I have always received excellent customer service from them. All of the poultry that I ever got from them did excellent.

Good luck.
Thanks for letting me know :wee i will stick with that order then :)

Stromburgs is reliable, today I got my order of 6 Stromburgs chicken hatching eggs and put them in the incubator they are doing good so far. We are planning on ordering duck eggs next.

I ordered one time from them and was very satisfied. Their staff was super nice. The only reason I have not ordered again was because they are further away than Ideal. I mostly use ideal as far as a hatchery but I prefer local sources..

Old thread guys
It’s an old thread but really helps when others are searching in present day. Like me I love finding old threads that’s are “updated” 😂 instead of posting a new thread of the same question.

But I honestly think that all hatcheries are third party sellers to anything other than chickens. Like for example I’m sure mezter farms supplies to hatcheries with gosling, if you compare availability to nearer farms. Availability is the same. Only difference is prices are more not directly from Metzer farms. Same goes for pheasant and peafowl, meyer, McMurray, strombergs and ideal I’m sure profits off the main seller by 200-500 profit. I say that because I got peafowl off meyer hatchery with very bad experience. When I received the box it has a different address with a different business name and website address on the box. I looked up the name and of course I got ripped off from Meyer hatchery from Ohio. Paid $500 more for birds that were $500 less on the main site. On top of that they didn’t resolve the problems in my birds because it wasn’t theirs to begin with. They placed my order to a different website to order my order if that makes sense.

I ordered one pair of pigeons about 4 months ago from this company. Until recently I found both of them are female because I witnessed both of them laid eggs. When I contacted their customer service, they just refused to do anything for me because they said I reported this issue after six weeks of placing order which is against their company's police. If I can find this issue early, I would definitely report it. Then they push the fault on me that I didn't take my lesson on how to find the problem before buying pigeons. Their supervisor of customer service was helpless either. Very disappointed to this company!!!!

I ordered one pair of pigeons about 4 months ago from this company. Until recently I found both of them are female because I witnessed both of them laid eggs. When I contacted their customer service, they just refused to do anything for me because they said I reported this issue after six weeks of placing order which is against their company's police. If I can find this issue early, I would definitely report it. Then they push the fault on me that I didn't take my lesson on how to find the problem before buying pigeons. Their supervisor of customer service was helpless either. Very disappointed to this company!!!!
I think they act as a middleman in pigeons though. They don't actually breed or hatch the ones that they sell

Back
Top Bottom