I think I heard a chirp, but no pip?

cmgamble

In the Brooder
12 Years
Mar 31, 2007
Is that possible? My chicks should hatch today or tomorrow and I am so paranoid that they will not be able to hatch. I am almost positive I heard a chirp, but quite frankly as nervous as I am I am afraid its my imagination. Let me know. First timer here.

Eggs.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, When they make it to the air cell they can then chirp. You will want to keep the top on your bator from here on out in order to keep temp and humididty up.
Crossing my fingers for your babies on the way!
big_smile.png

This is an exciting time. Be ready. It's just around the corner. Be sure to keep us posted and takes lots of pics! I love that big window on your incubator. Mine has smaller windows and it can be tough at times to see whats going on. We got our fingers crossed!
big_smile.png

Thanks gang. I am sure now that it was a chirp. Any ideas on how long before I should see a pip?

Hello. well i would not be worried for i have had chicks peep and roll while still in their shell with no crack and yet a week before due date.
hmm.png

Hows your humidity? I don't recognize anything that may read humidity in your bator. You may need to wet a clean sock or washcloth real well with warm water and put in the bator quickly (so as to not let temp fall). Humidity at about 70% is crucial to keeping the membranes moist so the chicks can get out easily.

Keep us updated on how things are coming.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom