I need some help telling my ducks gender

Duckdeity2002

Hatching
Jun 7, 2021
I am 99.9% sure my duck is a khaki Campbell but I don’t know if it’s male or female I really need some help figuring it out. It’s quack is loud and doesn’t sound as raspy as the drake khaki Campbells quack.(here is pics of it, it’s still a little wet but this should be good enough) also they are a bit young,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    500.5 KB · Views: 88
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    461.2 KB · Views: 83
I’m new to owning ducks.
I’m also curious since I have my suspicions of my ducks gender.
I would think the loud means female but I don’t know how to tell from looks.

I’m new to owning ducks.
I’m also curious since I have my suspicions of my ducks gender.
I would think the loud means female but I don’t know how to tell from looks.
Well from what I’ve seen and heard male khaki ducks have darker heads and have “sex feathers” which are feathers on the tail that curl upward. The only issue is that my duck is still young so it doesn’t hav those feathers yet and it’s head doesn’t look to different from the rest of its body

i am new to owning ducks but I think at this age it is hard to tell. I have pekins and I ordered two female but at one point I had doubt that one was a male due to the quack but turns out my girls just have very different quacks! I know the drake feathers are a dead giveaway but like you said, they are too young and haven’t developed them yet. I hope someone has a better answer!!

I have 3 Khaki Campbell ducklings that are almost 7 weeks old. Almost fully feathered. Just waiting on the wings to come all the way in. To me, they all sound like hens. But if you go by looks, everyone says drakes. But they don't sound like drakes. They quack. Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• 20210701_162440.jpg
    20210701_162440.jpg
    919.6 KB · Views: 62
  • 20210701_162424.jpg
    20210701_162424.jpg
    709.5 KB · Views: 60
I have 3 Khaki Campbell ducklings that are almost 7 weeks old. Almost fully feathered. Just waiting on the wings to come all the way in. To me, they all sound like hens. But if you go by looks, everyone says drakes. But they don't sound like drakes. They quack. Any help would be appreciated!
After they are fully feathered, you will see them molt and take on their adult plumage. Any time before that it is really hard to tell male or female by looks. If you hear quacking, then they are probably females. Sound is the best way to tell.

My guess is they see the lighter beaks and think males, but beak color does not always mean anything.

Back
Top Bottom