I need moral support!

TurtleChick

Songster
12 Years
Oct 3, 2007
Tacoma, WA
i'm being such a baby!!!

my peeps are almost 2months old (and this will probably be my last post on "raising baby chicks" - since i really need to stop pretending that they're big chicks and just admit that they're little chickens now...) and are spending their first night outside in their coop tonight.
hit.gif

i'd planned on acclimating them with some day hours in their coop/run and then bringing them back in for the night for awhile (and hadn't done so yet because the weather has been YUCKY cold and rainy), but today when we took them out they were so happy playing in the sand in their run and going in and warming up/roosting/snacking/drinking in their house that we decided to just suck it up and leave them out. AHHHHHHH! they're doing much better than i am.

their coop is weather/draft/predator proof and they have a heat lamp in there. i just locked them in for the night and gave them some scratch to help keep them warm. i've added vitamins/electrolytes to their water in case they're stressed. they're happy as little clams. i'm just a worry-wart.

so tell me to shush
duc.gif
and that they'll be fine!!!!!

(i reserve the right to lose my mind completely and run out and bring them in before i go to bed if i can't take it!!!)

they'll be fine! but i have to confess.... the first few nights mine were down in the barn (as opposed to in my garage), after DH fell asleep, i snuck down there a few times to check on them. and they were fine, zonked out on their roosts.

they're 6 mos old now, and i still double check them sometimes. DH says its crazy anxiety, but i think i'm just a good chicken momma.
smile.png

i just went and checked on them for the... um... probably 57th time... and they looked up at me like "WHAT? geez mom.... we're trying to sleep in here!"

thanks guys!!!!
frow.gif

the best way to get over the move outside is
to get some more little chickies for inside

LA LA LA LA i can't hear you i can't hear you LA LA LA LA

tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom