I found chicken that needs help

Xenna

Hatching
Aug 13, 2020
Hi everyone
Two days ago I found this precious chicken on the road. Someone told me that it was there for several hours in the rainy day. I took it home and then I realised that obviously she was super hungry but she cannot "aim" for her food. Her head is shaking like someone with Parkinson disease. I'm feeding her with the syringe but she still cannot eat by herself. I'm guessing that she is approximately 2 months old. Also she have one leg injured (she cannot stand or walk properly) and she don't have cold or mucus. My guess is that someone kicked her but unfortunately here where I live I don't have access to a vet.

Attachments

• IMG_20200813_132516.jpg
    IMG_20200813_132516.jpg
    318.4 KB · Views: 16
Do you have chick starter grower feed, or can you get some from a feed store? I would also get some human vitamin B complex tablets which have all B vitamins, and crush 1/2 tablet onto some food or a little scrambled egg daily. She may have an injured leg, or she could have a slipped tendon or leg bone deformity. The vitamins may help. At some point if someone can hold her up standing with her legs visible from the front, that might be helpful. A chicken sling can be made to get her upright and here are several pages of examples:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/versions-of-chick-chairs-please.1166308/

Back
Top Bottom