how long do eggs last when refridgerated??

How long they last depends on how cold your fridge is and how hot it is when you collect them. I don't use any after a week and a half, or I do the float test. The float test is fairly reliable. As eggs age, bacteria inside produce methane gas (that sulfer smell rotten eggs have). As the bacteria colony increases, the more gas it produces. As long as the eggs sink, there shouldn't be enough bacteria to make anyone ill. Always wash eggs before putting them in the fridge. Dirty eggs go bad faster.

That being said, some people use eggs up to 2 weeks. Eggs can be incubated after 10 to 14 days at room temp.

Hope this helps.

How long they last depends on how cold your fridge is and how hot it is when you collect them.  I don't use any after a week and a half, or I do the float test. The float test is fairly reliable. As eggs age, bacteria inside produce methane gas (that sulfer smell rotten eggs have). As the bacteria colony increases, the more gas it produces. As long as the eggs sink, there shouldn't be enough bacteria to make anyone ill.  Always wash eggs before putting them in the fridge.  Dirty eggs go bad faster.

That being said, some people use eggs up to 2 weeks.  Eggs can be incubated after 10 to 14 days at room temp.  

Hope this helps.

Thanks! !!!

Back
Top Bottom