How can I make my chickens happier?

Seriously, I just got four baby chicks and I was a wreck with worry. Is the heat plate too cold? Too hot? Am I giving them enough food? Am I giving them enough water? Are they making the brooder too wet when they flap-dance in it? Did I use the right bedding? Should I have not let her eat that bug?!
All four are perfectly fine, But it's totally normal to go over the edge with worry, no matter how silly the reasons can be!
yeah, I hatched five little ones in December, so I know the feeling haha. I was so worried about all of them, hoping that I wasn’t leaving the first hatchlings in the incubator too long while the other ones hatched, making sure the temp and humidity is good, making sure they are all in good health and getting around well, making sure nobody is getting weaker, getting them all out of the incubator and into the brooder as quickly as possible… luckily, all are big and strong now. Four laying hens and one rooster from that batch. They are wonderful chickens. Being a first time mother is a universal experience for chicken owners, even if it is the third batch that you’ve raised haha.

I genuinely can’t think of a way to provide anything better. And they go on walks?! Now I must get my chickens to do that! What type harness are you using and how did you get them used to it? But really, I aspire to be able to give my little chicks as good of a life as yours have

I genuinely can’t think of a way to provide anything better. And they go on walks?! Now I must get my chickens to do that! What type harness are you using and how did you get them used to it? But really, I aspire to be able to give my little chicks as good of a life as yours have
I bought it off of Amazon for like… 8$? At first, I had to have my boyfriend hold them still so I could get it on, but they eventually got used to it. I didn’t force them into and I just kind of slowly got them used to walking with me. They realized they loved all the attention they got from strangers lol. I’ll get you the link! https://www.amazon.com/Adhafera-Chi...1715028382&sprefix=chicken+har,aps,146&sr=8-5

Back
Top Bottom