How are you getting ready for this hurricane?

Is the hurricane hitting you?

• Total voters

Show Sebright

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
Apr 1, 2020
Orlando FL
Hay y’all! Hurricane season is here! That means Florida is about to get a whole lot more wet. What are you planning to do with this storm approaching? Any advice you would like to give to other members in preparation?

Everyone is inside

Attachments

• 1B1CF06D-F52B-4BF3-A37D-7791E1C59FD7.jpeg
    1B1CF06D-F52B-4BF3-A37D-7791E1C59FD7.jpeg
    608.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 6BFF94F5-9FD8-4F1C-B0CC-8F60FFB938F1.jpeg
    6BFF94F5-9FD8-4F1C-B0CC-8F60FFB938F1.jpeg
    454.1 KB · Views: 4
We were about 5 miles from the eyewall on the east side when it came inland. Lost a lot of trees, pecans, old, old oaks, cypress, holly, all toppled, pines snapped in half, pecan limbs everywhere. House is still here, chicken coop held up well (they were locked in for the duration), lost nobody. Big animals all fine, were pastured during. All my outbuildings are still standing, only one fence with minor damage. Spent 2 1/2 days getting ready, it paid off. One neighbor lost their hangar doors, completely torn off, another lost half the roof on his hay barn. Those are just the ones I can see. Glad it's over, except for power outage, and that may be days and days and days. We are on generator now, with satellite internet, so can still communicate, have a well so still have water. We have downed trees and power lines everywhere. My road is blocked by 3 huge old oaks that came down, one on the power lines. Heard a neighbor say that outages in my county are well over 80%. We didn't have much rain it was almost all wind. It was still Cat 3 when it passed us. Fun times (not). We will be cleaning up for weeks. Prayers for everyone that was in the path.

Back
Top Bottom