Hey there from the North of England

Shetland lover

Free Ranging
Sep 7, 2022
North East England, U.K.
Hey everyone. After lurking for 3 years I'm finally taking the plunge... So, here goes:

1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? 2019, but I've loved chickens - and all animals for that matter - all my life!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 6 - a one year old rooster, 4 hens and a single (accidental) chick

(3) What breeds do you have? At the moment, we have a Shetland hen and five Pekins (Cochin Bantams). We started with ex-battery cage hens and the Shetlands. we've also had two Swedish Flower Roos whom I raised and rehomed.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? Absolutely all of it but I love watching the babies grow and the ex-batts realising they are home.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I love anything arts and craft related, reading, horse riding, being outdoors, cooking and baking. All kinds of things really. I'm never bored.

I can post photos if anyone is interested?

Hey everyone. After lurking for 3 years I'm finally taking the plunge... So, here goes:

1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? 2019, but I've loved chickens - and all animals for that matter - all my life!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 6 - a one year old rooster, 4 hens and a single (accidental) chick

(3) What breeds do you have? At the moment, we have a Shetland hen and five Pekins (Cochin Bantams). We started with ex-battery cage hens and the Shetlands. we've also had two Swedish Flower Roos whom I raised and rehomed.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? Absolutely all of it but I love watching the babies grow and the ex-batts realising they are home.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I love anything arts and craft related, reading, horse riding, being outdoors, cooking and baking. All kinds of things really. I'm never bored.

Hello Shetland lover.
Welcome to BYC.
North of England!:eek:I'm sure you meant to write Scotland.:wee
Absolutley. What's more we would love some pictures of your Ex Battery hens on this thread.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/shadrachs-ex-battery-and-rescued-chickens-thread.1502267/

Country Hello GIF by Chippy the Dog

:frow Welcome from New Orleans! I am very glad you joined, I did the same thing. I kept lurking for years, until DH urged me to join. A few years after looking over my shoulder to see what I was laughing and having such a good time reading, He joined too. Please make yourself at home and enjoy.
Pictures would be wonderful ! :wee

Back
Top Bottom