Hen with runny beak, sneezing

dbmcknight

Chirping
Dec 30, 2021
North Carolina
We have a black sex-linked hen with a runny beak, clear liquid, and occasional sneezing for around a week. Second hen (a Welsummer) just started having a little bit of a runny beak a couple days ago. We put ACV in the water, a little VetRX on the beaks to help with the symptoms. The Welsummer seems like she’s better, no more runny beak, but the sex-linked still has the runny beak and sneezing. Coop doesn’t smell at all of ammonia, we keep the doors open (it’s a converted shed) so there’s plenty of fresh air moving through during the day. Doesn’t seem To be affecting her egg production, about 2 eggs/3 days. Should we be concerned it hasn’t cleared up by now for the SL? Anything else we should be doing to help her out?

Kind of hard to see in the pic but you can see the runny beak if you squint just right.

Attachments

• 04552615-8A3A-4531-B1ED-412DB90F87F0.jpeg
    04552615-8A3A-4531-B1ED-412DB90F87F0.jpeg
    365 KB · Views: 7
Just wondering how your girl is doing. I took in a stray and she is sneezing and has a runny nose. Not sure what to do to help her. My vet won’t see her because of bird flu! How ridiculous that I can’t even bring her to my chicken vet!! Hoping she recovers on her own.

Back
Top Bottom