Help, She's Crowing & won't lay eggs anymore!!!

Oh Boy..I live in the city & not allowed to have a roo. And hu;by says 3 birds max. Anyway to increase her estrogen levels so she'll lay again? I've heard seaweed (kelp) powder. I started feeding her that today. Anything else I can try?🙏🏻Thank you!
I don’t know if it is possible without an operation and that would shorten their lifespan by years and is ridiculously painful and cruel to the chicken

Where does she sit in the pecking order? Is she the head hen?

We have a Buff Orp, eight years old now. She took on the role of head hen early on and quit laying, but for a few times off and on. She would try to crow occasionally, but nothing consistent.

We’ve pretty much chalked it up as she is filling the role of a Rooster as the dominant head hen.

A few years back, she started laying again out of the blue, lasted for about a month. We’re pretty sure she reached chicken menopause once she was done as her comb became more pale and she has never laid again.

She is still large and in charge though 😁

Where does she sit in the pecking order? Is she the head hen?

We have a Buff Orp, eight years old now. She took on the role of head hen early on and quit laying, but for a few times off and on. She would try to crow occasionally, but nothing consistent.

We’ve pretty much chalked it up as she is filling the role of a Rooster as the dominant head hen.

A few years back, she started laying again out of the blue, lasted for about a month. We’re pretty sure she reached chicken menopause once she was done as her comb became more pale and she has never laid again.

She is still large and in charge though 😁
Ours is top hen. Sounds like we won't get eggs from her anymore, especially since it's almost May & we've only seen 2 soft shelled ones earlier in the year. Thank you.😊

Back
Top Bottom