HELP !!Duck with infected wound (graphic photos)

I hope you can keep her away from the flies so you can treat without having to deal with maggots.
What all have you done to treat wound?
You said you were spraying with something I haven't heard of? Do you happen to have Banixx? Or can you get some? I have to order anything I want to use with my flock online but I just got some of this and I have been treating a hen who had been egg-bound and looked like she had gleet it has already cleared it up. I highly recommend it, it is for fungal and bacterial infections.
Yes I can get some, do you think it will be strong enough to treat this?

I can't say for sure but it is sure worth trying along with the Epsom salt soaks the Epsom salt soaks should help heal and then the Banixx along with it. For her to have had this for 7 months and still be with you is amazing so give it a try she has to be a fighter. Is she eating and drinking and pooping normally?
you could also order some Baytril
https://allbirdproducts.com/products/baytril-10 and give her a 5 day course hit this both barrels so to speak.
Hopefully others especially those that have treated something like this before will also reply. What I like about the Banixx it also keeps the wound moist.
I didn't see that @Wyorp Rock and @ruthhope had also replied so you have gotten some good info.

I can't say for sure but it is sure worth trying along with the Epsom salt soaks the Epsom salt soaks should help heal and then the Banixx along with it. For her to have had this for 7 months and still be with you is amazing so give it a try she has to be a fighter. Is she eating and drinking and pooping normally?
you could also order some Baytril
https://allbirdproducts.com/products/baytril-10 and give her a 5 day course hit this both barrels so to speak.
Hopefully others especially those that have treated something like this before will also reply. What I like about the Banixx it also keeps the wound moist.
I didn't see that @Wyorp Rock and @ruthhope had also replied so you have gotten some good info.
Yes she's been acting normal the whole time this has been going on, only difference is she has a little less energy lately.

Back
Top Bottom