Help, Chick sick after eating

Apr 26, 2024
Hi, I have four 8 week old easter eggers. I have fed them the same food their whole life and never had a problem. But today, after eating, the smallest one fell incredibly sick. I didn’t do anything different in routine, the other chicks are still happy and healthy!! What did I do wrong and how can I help little baby Barb.

I have her separated from the rest of the group in a warm spot with water and food for now.

What kind of sickness? What are her symptoms?
She died :( She was perfectly healthy and running around with her 3 other chicks in this batch yesterday morning. But after she ate (the same food she's always ate and the others also ate who are healthy) she pretty much instantly she stopped moving completely, wouldn't turn her head even. She also puffed up her feathers huge, wouldn't drink, when she tried to chirp she sounded like she couldn't breath. I don't know what I did wrong.

She died :( She was perfectly healthy and running around with her 3 other chicks in this batch yesterday morning. But after she ate (the same food she's always ate and the others also ate who are healthy) she pretty much instantly she stopped moving completely, wouldn't turn her head even. She also puffed up her feathers huge, wouldn't drink, when she tried to chirp she sounded like she couldn't breath. I don't know what I did wrong.
Aww no… I’m so sorry. You didn’t do anything wrong. Sometimes things like this just happen.

Back
Top Bottom