Hello from a girl in the Bay Area, CA thinking about chicken projects :)

palomamom

In the Brooder
Jan 20, 2018
Hi Backyard Chicken people -- finally joining the flock!

This is my second time raising chickens after a long hiatus. My first chickens, acquired at age 10, were a pair of roosters named Blackie and Cupcake (gifted from a classmate who was convinced at the time that Blackie was a boy and Cupcake a girl..). Today, thank goodness, my chickens are verified hens :)

Their names are Harriette (an EE), Domino (a SLW), Liza (a GLW), Paloma (also an EE), and Astrid-Bertha-Scarlett-Johanson (a busty and dramatic Australorp). We've had them for 7 months now -- everyone is happy and silly and enjoying the rainy season. It's the one time of the year we actually have lots of grass!

If you've taken the time to read this, I'd love to ask if you have a moment to answer a 2-minute survey (seriously, 2 minutes!) about a product idea I've had around automatic chicken doors...

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/G35NWKT

Also open to any and all comments about the above in this thread! Here are some pics of our coop and flock (that's Harriette with the beard :-D})

Screen Shot 2018-01-20 at 2.16.41 AM.jpg Screen Shot 2018-01-20 at 2.16.55 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-01-20 at 2.17.10 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-01-20 at 12.12.12 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-01-20 at 2.19.40 AM.jpg

<3 Cece

Last edited:
Hi Backyard Chicken people -- finally joining the flock!

This is my second time raising chickens after a long hiatus. My first chickens, acquired at age 10, were a pair of roosters named Blackie and Cupcake (gifted from a classmate who was convinced at the time that Blackie was a boy and Cupcake a girl..). Today, thank goodness, my chickens are verified hens :)

Their names are Harriette (an EE), Domino (a SLW), Liza (a GLW), Paloma (also an EE), and Astrid-Bertha-Scarlett-Johanson (a busty and dramatic Australorp). We've had them for 7 months now -- everyone is happy and silly and enjoying the rainy season. It's the one time of the year we actually have lots of grass!

If you've taken the time to read this, I'd love to ask if you have a moment to answer a 2-minute survey (seriously, 2 minutes!) about a product idea I've had around automatic chicken doors...

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/G35NWKT

Also open to any and all comments about the above in this thread! Here are some pics of our coop and flock (that's Harriette with the beard :-D})

View attachment 1241360 View attachment 1241361

View attachment 1241362 View attachment 1241363 View attachment 1241364

<3 Cece

Back
Top Bottom