Hello All, New Yorker here

TenebraeStudios

In the Brooder
May 11, 2024
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I am not new to chicken but I am new to the incubation process and I do need some fire help with it. I’ve had chickens for about 4 years now.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

18 hens and 1 rooster but about to add more with my first incubation hopefully

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

Getting to see them flourish into who they really are and seeing them thrive on my land

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I am raised in a household of 7-8 people. We are all farmers and have been working with animals for 5 years. This is our first year dealing with the incubation process and we are curious what others say about our techniques. We have 18 hens, 1 rooster and a barn cat. We used to have 2 pigs but we had to turn them into bacon. I currently don’t have an occupation other than working on my farm. I’m from upstate New York and I love to do stuff surrounding biology and genetics.

BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

Ive known about BYC for a few month now and what made me join was that one of my eggs in the incubator has veins but I can’t see the embryo on day 8. I had seen the embryo all the other days but now I’m wondering what happened to it. I’ve been freaking out for a day wondering if I accidentally killed it.

Thanks,

Artie L (Hope I did this right haha)

Welcome to BYC, Artie. I doubt that you killed it. It may have died, but likely not from anything you did.
I always count my chickens before they hatch, and I shouldn't, because so many things can go wrong during incubation. It's a good thing that I, and my girls, don't hatch 100% because my part of the world does not have enough room.

Back
Top Bottom