Have you ever seen this...bizarre footpad growth/formation (not bumblefoot)

My Three Chicks

Crowing
May 3, 2021
Seattle, WA
I noticed mild bumblefoot on my 1 yr old Ameraucana and started treating it and it's now almost healed.
While initially soaking her I noticed she has a very odd looking growth/formation on her other foot. I don't think it's bumblefoot and doesn't appear to be a sore or infection. Her footpad is flattened a bit and then there's this weird texture that feels like hardened skin or cuticle? Not sure what it is so I'm not sure what to do. It's not bothering her at all. What do you all think?
(In 2nd pic it looks wet because I've been cleaning with Vetericyn).

Attachments

• 20240425_211909.jpg
    20240425_211909.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 20240415_212636.jpg
    20240415_212636.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 13
One of my pullets has the same weird thing as well. I believe it is called like contact dermatitis or something similar to that. I believe itis completely fine to just leave it, it just looks funky.

I noticed mild bumblefoot on my 1 yr old Ameraucana and started treating it and it's now almost healed.
While initially soaking her I noticed she has a very odd looking growth/formation on her other foot. I don't think it's bumblefoot and doesn't appear to be a sore or infection. Her footpad is flattened a bit and then there's this weird texture that feels like hardened skin or cuticle? Not sure what it is so I'm not sure what to do. It's not bothering her at all. What do you all think?
(In 2nd pic it looks wet because I've been cleaning with Vetericyn).
Yes that happened to a bird out here that later was found with a tumor. Not sure if it’s connected but it definitely is weird. That bird had other problems too so who knows We treated it like bumble foot

One of my pullets has the same weird thing as well. I believe it is called like contact dermatitis or something similar to that. I believe itis completely fine to just leave it, it just looks funky.
Yeah it's so bizarre I've been trying to do research on it but it's hard to describe and google haha.
But your response makes me feel better. Hopefully it's nothing I plan to keep an eye on it though.

Yes that happened to a bird out here that later was found with a tumor. Not sure if it’s connected but it definitely is weird. That bird had other problems too so who knows We treated it like bumble foot
Fortunately my little girl hasn't had any other issues. I initially thought it could be bumblefoot but didn't find any examples that looked like it. So I've just been cleaning and watching.
But I'm sorry to hear about your chicken and her/his tumor.

Back
Top Bottom