Greetings from Alberta, Canada

Nov 27, 2023
Falun, Alberta, Canada
Hi all. I've been on here lots reading and learning and decided it was time to finally create an account and start participating. We moved out to the country before this past summer and have dove in headfirst. So far, we've got some horses and chickens. For now, we are just raising chickens for eggs but we have a large coop separated into three different areas with three separate runs, so we are thinking of doing meat chickens too starting next year. Our egg laying flock is unfortunately down to just two hens currently due to a recent weasel attack. I'll make another post about that later. But we have roughly two-dozen new members in the incubator and set to hatch this week. Hopefully we've managed to lockdown the run enough with hardware cloth etc. so our new members are safe.

Looking forward to learning more from everyone here and sharing the things we learn also along the way.

Cheers!

Hi all. I've been on here lots reading and learning and decided it was time to finally create an account and start participating. We moved out to the country before this past summer and have dove in headfirst. So far, we've got some horses and chickens. For now, we are just raising chickens for eggs but we have a large coop separated into three different areas with three separate runs, so we are thinking of doing meat chickens too starting next year. Our egg laying flock is unfortunately down to just two hens currently due to a recent weasel attack. I'll make another post about that later. But we have roughly two-dozen new members in the incubator and set to hatch this week. Hopefully we've managed to lockdown the run enough with hardware cloth etc. so our new members are safe.

Looking forward to learning more from everyone here and sharing the things we learn also along the way.

Cheers!
congratulations on starting your homestead adventure!
welcome to BYC :welcome :ya

Back
Top Bottom