GQF cabinet incubator questions

soduc

Hatching
Apr 28, 2024
I'm planning to purchase a cabinet incubator and have narrowed it down to a GQF, but that's where I get bogged down. I don't have to have the hatching tray as I plan to use my existing countertop incubators for hatching, but it could be nice to have the option. I don't have an opinion weither way about a clear door. Are the older analog mechanics more/less reliable than the electronic? Is a steeper angle for eggs when turning better? I guess I need something to push me to one of these options.

1202E Classic Sportsman:
has hatching tray
mechanically timed automatic egg turning
dial thermometer/hygrometer,
analog electronic thermostat system
solid door with no window

1500 Professional:
no hatching tray, egg trays turn with steeper angle
electronic egg turning control
digital thermometer
electronic thermostat
clear door

1502 Digital Sportsman:
has hatching tray
digital thermometer
digital thermostat
clear door

Hiya, and welcome to BYC!! :frow

I know little of these but do any of them have automatic humidity control? If so, jump for that one as after having an NR360 and changing to two Brinsea's it's such a relief not to have that worry!

I'd really tend to go for a new model too as I've seen many posts from people having issues with the really old models. I think in this case, the better technology ones would be better.

I would also insist upon being able to see the eggs. It's way better to just be able to glance and see they've been rotating rather than to have to open the door. If you don't think you're going to be tempted to open the door, then it's not a concern.

As far as angles the eggs are set at, consider that NR360's are a very popular brand, and they are set on their sides. Brinsea, another popular brand, are set pointy side down and rotate from say 12:10 to 11:50 (using a clock for reference with 12:00 as center as I do not know the percentage of angle).

I'm planning to purchase a cabinet incubator and have narrowed it down to a GQF, but that's where I get bogged down. I don't have to have the hatching tray as I plan to use my existing countertop incubators for hatching, but it could be nice to have the option. I don't have an opinion weither way about a clear door. Are the older analog mechanics more/less reliable than the electronic? Is a steeper angle for eggs when turning better? I guess I need something to push me to one of these options.

1202E Classic Sportsman:
has hatching tray
mechanically timed automatic egg turning
dial thermometer/hygrometer,
analog electronic thermostat system
solid door with no window

1500 Professional:
no hatching tray, egg trays turn with steeper angle
digital thermometer
electronic thermostat
clear door

1502 Digital Sportsman:
has hatching tray
digital thermometer
digital thermostat
clear door
Personally I'd consider a Terrybator because they're cheap to make.

Back
Top Bottom