Found a Robin's Egg is it good?? Help!

CrazyFowlFreak

Pine Hill Farm
11 Years
Apr 24, 2009
WV
I found a Robin's egg this afternoon. It felt heavy, so I know it's not old and dried up. When I candled it, I saw a roundish blob, looked like a yolk to me. You think it is good and I should try to incubate it?

Where did you find it? If it was on the ground or something, I don't see what could hurt.
hu.gif

It was on the ground about 4 ft from where the nest was. It's been windy, so I doubt that momma dumped it. It's also been in the 90's for the past few days and humid as heck. Think it'll hatch? I have no problem hand feeding it, I hand fed my Conure for the first 2 months of his life
wink.png

Good Luck
thumbsup.gif

Just make sure to keep clear from the nest so you don't scare away the momma bird. Make sure you find the information about temp, humidity, etc.

Let us know how it goes.

You could try and I did it but first keep in mind it is illegal in the US. 2nd Robins will require frequent hand feeding for the first few weeks. 3rd if it survives you will have to spend time training the Robin to be a Robin again. Very time consuming and if you work or have school 8hrs a day it will die even if you manage to hatch it. That would be much sadder than just leaving the egg outside.

When I was younger people would find baby birds and leave them at our houses on our porch. They never survived longer than a week. Wild birds are very hard.

Back
Top Bottom