One more piece of advice and I shall step off my soapbox. I am sorry in advance if you do not like hearing this and I probably sound very similar to your dad.

I believe you are close in age to my daughter who turned 16 yesterday.

Get a Job, part-time is fine.

Rosie works hard, does well in school and takes honors classes and maintains a wonderful grade point average. She does not drink, do drugs or drive me crazy with boys....yet, it is coming very soon. What she does do is "have" to have a new piece of tack at every horse show. Roblox, omg the roblox money cards. I have also spent a small fortune on art supplies which thankfully she takes very good care of and her new hobby of doing her nails.

The last few weeks she has been paid to mow both our grass and the yard down grandma's once a week. It is time though. Time for a part-time job. Babysitting, mowing lawns, restaurant or whatever, the Bank of Mom is getting fed up.
Yep no more bank of mum. I was 16 when I got a job at a local stable. All summer 6 days a week, and weekends spring and fall. I also baby-sat.

My parents told me that if I wanted horses I had to pay for it myself. And I did. They did not give me any money - money was very tight in my home.

Horses were not on the agenda for my parents. They were useless and of no value. So I had to do it all myself.

Tax

Poor Bert’s broken feather 😟
2C5EF260-3FE7-4289-80E9-4C6DD34DF9FD.jpeg
BE2CC53F-CDB7-4266-9FB5-DD7BEF4E23F5.jpeg
37DF76FE-1481-4333-A58F-A43D8D0E6D10.jpeg

Hard to see under that one blood covered feather.

I’m not sure what I’m doing. Hen-Rietta is still with us, and I’ve tried everything to get her to eat or even drink. She only tastes the food presented, and not swallow anything. Drinking is not happening for her either :( :idunno
It’s like she doesn’t want to try to survive anymore. But won’t pass away either. I have held her for almost the entire day. I think I have told her everything that I feel about the situation. :hit

Yep no more bank of mum. I was 16 when I got a job at a local stable. All summer 6 days a week, and weekends spring and fall. I also baby-sat.

My parents told me that if I wanted horses I had to pay for it myself. And I did. They did not give me any money - money was very tight in my home.

Horses were not on the agenda for my parents. They were useless and of no value. So I had to do it all myself.

Tax

Poor Bert’s broken feather 😟
View attachment 3829940View attachment 3829941View attachment 3829939

Hard to see under that one blood covered feather.
Maybe Bert should take a vacation. In Central Valley California? :old:idunno

Oh, he’s stunning.
I just now realized that you, Kelly, Rebecca and I all have grays 🥰 (it feels weird to call @Ponypoor Kelly and @RebeccaBoyd Rebecca… I don’t ever say an adults first name, but it just takes extra time to type your usernames 😅)
He scratches his face on a tree, so I’m not sure if I should get him a fly mask. What do you guys think?
View attachment 3829688

Tax: Pastel’s starting to gray. He’s three and a half. 🥲View attachment 3829689
Aww, I won't be able to see my rooster gray.
He already is mostly gray!
1000009369.jpg

Back
Top Bottom