Why can’t I find another rooster to take care of my ladies? I’m searching a 500 mile radius and have found nothing yet. I’m not trying to replace Sir Jaffar (that would be impossible) but I’m tired of the ladies bickering with each other and no peace in the tribe. I have a strong suspicion that the little ones are all girls, and I’m still heartbroken 😔. So my search goes on.
Gosh I would set eggs for an nice Roo for you if I could one like Bert 😊💕

Well now, last night I put some grating up at the top of the back barn door to stop anyone from flying over top of that door. The gap was 8” which I though my would keep chooks in but maybe that is how the black hen got out.

The holes in this are 6” so hopefully it can also keep any coons out - not sure about that. There was one swallow roosting in the barn last night so they can fly through it.

D306F696-DA99-4B8E-8993-C6CF5278D298.jpeg
E50F4999-C60C-437B-A92E-8D7033FD1465.jpeg

I think they call that stuff Hog Panels here I just cut out this small piece and bolted it in place.

Why can’t I find another rooster to take care of my ladies? I’m searching a 500 mile radius and have found nothing yet. I’m not trying to replace Sir Jaffar (that would be impossible) but I’m tired of the ladies bickering with each other and no peace in the tribe. I have a strong suspicion that the little ones are all girls, and I’m still heartbroken 😔. So my search goes on.
Doesn't @BeastBaby have a cockerel needing to be rehomed? Put him in with the big girls so he gets educated quickly

Back
Top Bottom