Sharp eyed Rural Mouse 😁

I was at Peavey Mart getting some beet pulp and 36% poultry supplement for the big girls and popped over to see how many they had left from the arrivals on Tuesday - there was this crazy arse Americana chick eyeing the rim of the enclosure just looking at flying out - and then she did right into my shopping cart! Along the way she grabbed a BR by the head and dragged her into the cart also!

That chick is bonkers I tell you bonkers! She bit my hand and told me ‘March Hooman, or your eye is next!’.

Well now what’s a girl to do? So I marched !

2F8B36D2-4C18-41B2-93B3-BAF231874353.jpeg
B86AB0C4-51EE-475D-AC8D-2780164B426B.jpeg

0555DDFA-2BA1-483C-AAF3-1739F9CD191C.jpeg
5C1A4FD5-833B-4D39-A59D-F6CF06BA1549.jpeg

Happy holidays!
It’s the week of Passover, and we drove out to my in-laws to celebrate; they’re out in the burbs. Big yard, big veggie patch. I have a neighbor watching the adult chickens back home for the weekend, but the chicks got to come with me!
View attachment 3814954
I released them into the enclosed (read: deer proof/bird proof) veggie garden and they’ve been having a ball. If perhaps a bit cold.

View attachment 3814956
For pony Sunday I offer this worm that Slow-feathering-BCM caught and was playing Keep-away with. 😋
Chick paradise!

Adorable 🥰
Remember when I got my first chicks? I got mystery chicks. It was very frustrating to wait to figure that out. I can sympathize 100%! I was able to figure it out at about the time they were fully feathered. It will become clear soon!
Please pardon my impatience. I have never had a baby Buff Orpington chick before and I was wondering if I had some now.

Happy holidays!
It’s the week of Passover, and we drove out to my in-laws to celebrate; they’re out in the burbs. Big yard, big veggie patch. I have a neighbor watching the adult chickens back home for the weekend, but the chicks got to come with me!
View attachment 3814954
I released them into the enclosed (read: deer proof/bird proof) veggie garden and they’ve been having a ball. If perhaps a bit cold.

View attachment 3814956
For pony Sunday I offer this worm that Slow-feathering-BCM caught and was playing Keep-away with. 😋
Shalom. I love this time of Passover. My heart rejoices with fervent optimism and hope for a better future.

Happy holidays!
View attachment 3814954

View attachment 3814956
Passover is late this year, I am glad you are able to spend it with your family and your chooks (well the youngsters at any rate ♥️).

They sure are looking like they are enjoying themselves!

Back
Top Bottom