Missing person. I thought my career ended, but obviously not. I’m flying to Virginia Beach. And hopefully help this family find their daughter: Caucasian age 24 sandy blonde hair 5’4” approx. 130 lbs. last seen at her college. I was asked by a personal friend to come. I’m not sure what I’m getting into here, but I will definitely try my hardest to find her.
Tax: View attachment 3798966
I hope you can find her.

Forgot to post thirsty day pics
20240407_134901.jpg
Rose, Daisy, and Kate

20240407_134135.jpg
Jane, Hetty, Kate, Hyacinth

Hello, FBA ! It seems to be that time of year again when chicken maths hits hard on humans and hens.

They may be a pain when you don't want more chickens, but there sure is no fluff like a broody's butt.
IMG_20240412_154607.jpg

IMG_20240412_120443.jpg

Three are broodies here but I'm not giving in ; unlike most of you, we want less chickens. I get pecked /insulted/ screamed at multiple times a day taking them off and blocking the coop in the afternoon. My few past experiences letting the broodies sit for three weeks hoping they would break out of it by themselves never succeeded.

Hello, FBA ! It seems to be that time of year again when chicken maths hits hard on humans and hens.

They may be a pain when you don't want more chickens, but there sure is no fluff like a broody's butt.
View attachment 3799229
View attachment 3799230
Three are broodies here but I'm not giving in ; unlike most of you, we want less chickens. I get pecked /insulted/ screamed at multiple times a day taking them off and blocking the coop in the afternoon. My few past experiences letting the broodies sit for three weeks hoping they would break out of it by themselves never succeeded.
I only let mine raise chicks so I can eat some and sell some, but last summer I had six broodies! (That's a lot, considering I only have six nest boxes)

View attachment 3798900So I was taking Fez’ photo, which she liked.
When someone accidentally walked between her and the camera.

View attachment 3798902
Which she did NOT! So Albert got told, right into the fencing 😂 :smack

Speaking of bullying- things seem to have gotten worse for Perry. Whiskey has turned up the heat; and is incidentally also making growling noises when on the nest, and has a bald spot on her chest. Broody signs, but I didn’t expect her, of all hens, to go broody. I hope she snaps out of it soon, for poor Perry’s sake! If she actually sits on the nest (the missing symptom), I’ll make moves to break her right away.
I gave everyone some good free range time today to raise the moral.
Awwww! Poor Albert (but yes I did laugh), lucky capture of that and what a stink eye from Fez!

I don’t have any broody yet thankfully, and I hope not to until June or July! August even would be ok 😊

Back
Top Bottom