I purchased it in powder form. It came in a great little food tub.
Don't quote me on this, but I read that it's been used for many years way back by the native Americans.
What does slippery elm do?
I'm so happy she is back to zipping around. I am hopeful that the incident is passed and she is good to go.
She did spend some time sitting in the "out of the way" spot between the hay bale and the fence.

She's fine taking a Fishmox capsule from my fingers. I have to pull down her wattles to get her to open her beak far enough to shove a calcium pill in it.

I tried to get some green food coloring on her vent. I got it on her butt feathers. I got it on my fingers. Her vent...? not sure. I wish I'd taken the bottle into the coop at lockup. She was facing away from me, and I could have done it, no problem.

Hi folks. My flock, too, is aging. Bridge will be eight this month. She has a bum leg, but here she is ranging today:
View attachment 3745945

Little Mill has a bad leg, too, but has since she was a pullet. She’ll be seven in May. Since days are lengthening and Spring is threatening to come early, her hormones are kicking in. Darn! Can’t she be done with that already? The hormones caused her to bloat right up. However, here she is being gorgeous after low-dose aspirin:
View attachment 3745946

Buttercup, Minnie Minnie and Roxy also say hello:
View attachment 3745947
View attachment 3745948
View attachment 3745949

Unfortunately, I don’t have any current photos of the “babies,” Flo and Flash, who are 3 1/2. They both just started laying again.
View attachment 3745951

I hope everyone’s doing well. Sorry I haven’t been active on BYC nor this thread. I just got really busy at work focusing on my personal health. It’s always nice to pop in!
Hello Michelle! Beautiful flock!
Happy birthday to Bridge and Happy early birthday to Little Mill!

I have eggs (just in time as I was on my last one).
Left to right
- Back row: Babs, Piglet
- Frint row: Bernie, Tassels, Pooh

This is Tassels’ first day back after her winter break and Pooh’s second ever egg.
Sylvie hasn’t started up again and Calypso clearly discussed matters with Bernie who told her not to bother until she is at least 11 months old!

:lau

View attachment 3746441
Gosh is that egg purple ?! It sure looks that colour!

What does slippery elm do?

She did spend some time sitting in the "out of the way" spot between the hay bale and the fence.

She's fine taking a Fishmox capsule from my fingers. I have to pull down her wattles to get her to open her beak far enough to shove a calcium pill in it.

I tried to get some green food coloring on her vent. I got it on her butt feathers. I got it on my fingers. Her vent...? not sure. I wish I'd taken the bottle into the coop at lockup. She was facing away from me, and I could have done it, no problem.
It’s those darn fluffy butt feathers also! I tell you I have no idea how they even manage to breed with all those feathers in the way!!

Back
Top Bottom