Hooves play havoc with my mouse…
Did someone mention my name?
20231225_134256.jpg

Did I forget to hit post? I wrote this Tuesday.

Hey there! Thought there'd been a break thru today. Meanie was out in the run, dustbathing her little heart out, with Tres ignoring her completely. Ran to my house to get my phone, and...View attachment 3717430back inside, hiding. :confused:

Here's the big boy-o. He's turning into a fine looking fella, if nothing else. View attachment 3717431
A surely handsome roo!

Same- we don’t get much snow in the city, so the one day it does fall each year is soo special! We play out there till we drop 😊

Speaking of, there’s snow in the forecast 🕺🏾 They are, however, also warning of a potential for temps wildly lower than the area has ever seen 🥶… are chickens okay when it’s -2F out?!
As a Montana resident, I can state from experience. The temps aren't usually a problem, especially if they can head into the coop to warm up. They don't like being directly in the wind or getting soaked. They don't mind a drizzle. If the sun is shining, they want to go outside. Anything below about 10F, they're quite willing to spend MOST of the day inside, but they will still poke their beaks out. Below about -10F, they don't usually want out. Temp fluctuates over the course of the day, so they will venture forth when the temp rises.

As long as the wind isn't blowing in the hatch to the coop, open it and see what they do. Is someone going to be home to keep an eye on them? Will they have access to warm water? Do they have access to food and water (that won't freeze) inside the coop?

Important:
I know a good chunk of you use phones for cameras. Even since my sister got a phone with a good camera (per my recommendation), she's won at least three contests. So please, do your best to make it hard for her here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/poultry-paparazzi-a-cell-phone-photo-contest.1608015/

(For the curious, the phone is a Google Pixel 4 XL. I have the Pixel 4. There's no stopping her from using that thing).
Ijak, get over here! Picture time!

Tax:
Screenshot 2023-10-16 162452.png

BFTP

Back
Top Bottom