Liquid - it came in a syringe type tube, I transferred it into another bottle so I could dose my gang with a small insulin syringe.

You need to know the strength of the Ivermectin, and from that you can figure out the dosage.

The tube was 15ml of productn, and each ml contained 10mg of ivermectin (10mg/ml).

I can't remember the dosage now, will put out feelers to see what it is - I wrote it down and lost it sheesh!
Right, but how do you administer it? By mouth?

Okay, I'm not gonna getel attached to the chick/s, until I think that they will thrive. I do have names picked out though.
Ellie (because I asked RC for permission to name one after her sweet girl. RIP Eli)
And the rest are just cute 😍
Sapphire
Amethyst
Diamond
Emerald
Crystal
Silver
Silver is in use.... she likes wild water;)
20230625_071430.jpg
Go ahead and use if it fits.

I 100% understand, I have run to get help looking, only to get back and find the missing one somewhere like a roost or a nest-box way more times then Id like to admit to 🤣
Me too. YS has come out on his own to help look. He's been sent to close the coop and reported someone missing, and flat out states that Primula and Belladonnaare HIS chickens. (Shan, though offspring of one of them, isn't being claimed). He also loves grandma's "soccer ball" chicken, so I see cochins in the future at some point. He told me last night that he would love featherfooted dingalings (Thing, with feathered feet). He meant chickens with feathered feet, crests, beards and muffs, and full sized (so not silkies). He may have a breeding project in his future....

Right, but how do you administer it? By mouth?
Yes down the gob :)

The first time I did it I was freaking out, my cousin held the chicken and I gave the med.

By the 5th one I had it all figured out:
Cousin holds chicken
I gently pull down on the wattles (or where they should be on my clucks),
Beak opens, put the tip of the syringe in the mouth and give the stuff.

It's not a lot so it's not like its going to come spitting back out.

5mg/ml is 0.04ml/kg of body weight
A 6lb chicken would get 0.09ml (round up to 0.1ml)

I have 10mg/ml so I would half that dose
10mg/ml would be 0.02ml/kg
A 6lb chicken would get 0.05ml

Egg withdrawl is 7 days they say.

I ate mine, and I am still here, though I seem to have grown a third eye!

Back
Top Bottom