I am not a radio station where you can make requests. I also do not have an effective video solution at this time. No videos for the foreseeable future.
Maybe you could train one of your hens to operate a radio station.
"And now, on Fluffy Butt Radio, call (insert phone number) and submit your questions for Auroura, and we'll answer them live, for the fee of one mealworm".

I don't have an official count but there's 4 mama's with about 4 chicks each. There's a group of barred rock chicks with a white frizzle, another group with a mixed bag of chicks, our group of juvenile Silky crosses. The one BR/Silky cross rooster and his 2 beautiful sisters will be joining Viajito's tribe. One rooster will be joining Red's tribe, along with a couple of young hens. Probably give a couple of naked neck girls to Big Boy's tribe to replace Goldie. Goldie and Itty Bitty will be joining together in a soon to be built tractor.

Brownie :barnie
She is back on the nest now. I guess she reconsidered and decided yes indeed she does want to hatch some eggs.

I gently pried her broody butt out of the nest box took all the eggs moved the ceramic ones to the boxes no one ever uses. All looked well she was eating drinking then went outside and I went back in.

Fast forward to a few hrs later and I go out to close up the coop for the evening and where is Brownie???? In the other nest box where I stuck the fake eggs!! I once again took her out and put her on the roost.

She roosted when I put her there however she drooped over the bar still pancaked. Seriously, this girl is pulling out all the drama and tugging on my heart strings.

My coop is not set up for a mama and chicks!

She is completely unproven. I have 15 viable eggs @ day 7 today that I just candled. These eggs are hopefully gonna be my breeding stock and I am hoping to get a trio of each variety to keep and sell the rest. Because of this I am reticent about giving her the eggs now as she could decided to just give up after a few days.

Assuming I can work something out to have a safe spot for her and some chicks. Here are the options I came up with. I welcome feedback on the options or any other suggestions anyone might have.

-I could let her sit on a few infertile eggs till lock down and then give her three to hatch out.
-I could stuff a few under her after they hatch.
- Or I could just keep trying to dissuade her and attempt to endure her pouting.

Last edited:
Rizo laid her first fairy egg! (First fairy egg i have ever gotten)
0274D87D-8C30-41AC-88C3-23923573B490.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom