Chickens can fly. ( most of them anyway) don’t let them fool you. They choose not to fly, because they want you to think they are helpless. That way they get fed, watered, treats, and especially loved. And they get a nice coop to house them in!
Chickens can for sure fly! Kiko follows me everywhere and will fly after me! If I leave the living room and go to my bedroom, she will fly from the living room all the way to my bedroom 😂 it’s quite a sight to see 😅

Oh it is the same height as the other. And actually higher to get up to because there is no ladder or box to jump up from. It is quite a flying achievement actually!
That roost is designed to be used by little chicks when they emerge from the brooder box and are using the fire escape.
I hope these two are able to get down safely. In theory they could fly across to the other roost (I have seen both manage that) and then use the ladder down. But who knows, they are chickens. They will do whatever comes into their head in the moment.
I will check for mites, but there weren't any when I checked recently.
Hmmm, maybe it is Bernie leading the charge/change. She likes to spread her wings and her legs. Maybe she chose the spot and Diana went along to not be alone? Isn't she (Bernie) the one who frequently did that flying leap to the usual roost ( from a perch near cameras to the usual one), that then Diana did once (caught on cameras) and you couldn't watch because you didn't think she would make it, but she did???

Chickens can fly. ( most of them anyway) don’t let them fool you. They choose not to fly, because they want you to think they are helpless. That way they get fed, watered, treats, and especially loved. And they get a nice coop to house them in!
My silkies think they can fly…. But in reality they crash even better!

Hmmm, maybe it is Bernie leading the charge/change. She likes to spread her wings and her legs. Maybe she chose the spot and Diana went along to not be alone? Isn't she (Bernie) the one who frequently did that flying leap to the usual roost ( from a perch near cameras to the usual one), that then Diana did once (caught on cameras) and you couldn't watch because you didn't think she would make it, but she did???
I remember that!

Yes! You have a good memory. That is exactly right, only tonight they decided not to fly to the regular roost but just stay on the other side.
Strange chickens.

Back
Top Bottom