Have a good night everyone 😴 😘
Let me stand corrected. Momma Hen is not just laying eggs in her little cave, the devil is full on broody and setting. I saw she came off for about a hour then went back. I waited until after dark and got out my good flashlight and went to see. She is on her nest. I can cry right now. I cannot get to her to remove the eggs. I do not know how long she has been laying nor how many she is setting on. I also do not know if today is even day 1. I feel this is karma biting me in the butt for teasing @Ponypoor . Lesson learned folks. Do not laugh at someone and say they are going to wide up with a sneaky broody hen when they do not want chicks. YOU will be the one with the sneaky broody hen.
Oh no! That darn hen ! Your gonna have to send Rosie in there to haule her out and check eggs. An you board up that space so she can’t get on there again? Oh no silly hen!

Hey Everyone,

Just dropping in to say Hi... it's been a while! I feel like I say that every single time I stop by 😅 I am trying to read through everyone's posts. I see lots of familiar faces and some new ones too since I've last posted!

Just thought I'd share some holiday cheer! Are you all ready for the holidays?!

Chickmas Wreath 2022
View attachment 3354965

Cockatiel Christmas Tree 2022
(I started a Christmas Tree for my cockatiels Buffy & Ozzy, I didn't want them feeling left out!)
View attachment 3354967

Cindi (me), Kiko & Gizmo
View attachment 3354968
Hi Kiki and Gizmo I too cindi, love the little tree that I s so awesome! We are in Christmas mode here, plus cold and snowy haha!

My chickies hate the cold and refuse to go outside, and just run around the barn now making a mess 🥰

I just went out to the coop, to check on the birds. I picked the biggest (5lbs), dumbest, but sweetest one I have, and brought her inside. She really is kinda dumb, but she’s my friend and I love her 😍 anyways. She’ll be sleeping comfortably and warm tonight! And have first breakfast tomorrow morning! View attachment 3354966
Awwww she is a sweetie pie for sure

Full size Rocks:
First few weeks of having them:View attachment 3354980View attachment 3354981
Nothing fake about them ❤️😊

Um, @RebeccaBoyd , why are you surprised and/or blaming it on karma. ❓⁉️ You have how many sneaky broody time bombs...and you are surprised that when you aren't counting them and checking on them daily - instead relying on others to do this for you - that one gets missed and goes broody??? Especially near perpetual broody Momma hen??
View attachment 3354892

All That Magic GIF by Nickelodeon

I see this in your future:

View attachment 3354896

And what's not to love about this?
View attachment 3354897
I wouldn’t worry but winter is about getting real ugly down there 😢

Let me stand corrected. Momma Hen is not just laying eggs in her little cave, the devil is full on broody and setting. I saw she came off for about a hour then went back. I waited until after dark and got out my good flashlight and went to see. She is on her nest. I can cry right now. I cannot get to her to remove the eggs. I do not know how long she has been laying nor how many she is setting on. I also do not know if today is even day 1. I feel this is karma biting me in the butt for teasing @Ponypoor . Lesson learned folks. Do not laugh at someone and say they are going to wide up with a sneaky broody hen when they do not want chicks. YOU will be the one with the sneaky broody hen.
My wife encourages the broody she devils 😈

I have to remind myself that I am not in charge, I only buy and carry the chicken and dog feed.

I no longer say no more dogs or chickens cause I am getting fat from eating my words, lol.

Hi Kiki and Gizmo I too cindi, love the little tree that I s so awesome! We are in Christmas mode here, plus cold and snowy haha!

My chickies hate the cold and refuse to go outside, and just run around the barn now making a mess 🥰
Kiko & Gizmo says "Hi" :frow
Brrrr! Snowy weather... our winter weather here in Hawaii is a mix of rain & shine. We just had some thunderstorms over the weekend, but today it was nice & sunny. I wish I could send some warm weather your way!

Hey Everyone,

Just dropping in to say Hi... it's been a while! I feel like I say that every single time I stop by 😅 I am trying to read through everyone's posts. I see lots of familiar faces and some new ones too since I've last posted!

Just thought I'd share some holiday cheer! Are you all ready for the holidays?!

Chickmas Wreath 2022
View attachment 3354965

Cockatiel Christmas Tree 2022
(I started a Christmas Tree for my cockatiels Buffy & Ozzy, I didn't want them feeling left out!)
View attachment 3354967

Cindi (me), Kiko & Gizmo
View attachment 3354968
Lovely to see you - and I am very taken with the wreath!
And look at those babies all grown up!
❤️❤️

Back
Top Bottom