It that legal? It’s not deer season yet, and there are rules around discharging firearms. Let’s hope the are shooting a raccoon or a mink or something.
There are no rules around discharging fire arms where I am, unless you are aiming at a person. They frown on that. Also, no deer out of season, but target practice is okay in our neck of the woods. Some of us don't like that.

Ok folks, we have to pause the trip down memory lane for a minute because I am stumped. We also need to revisit the "Cinnamon Queen, Isa Brown or even Red Sex-link" issue all over again. The Hooligans will be 5 months in just over a week and a half. I figured I should start looking for new eggs around the 2nd week of August maybe. I have a egg that is throwing me for a loop. Every single current laying hens egg is accounted for today except Momma hens. She lays a white egg so she does not figure into this equation. I go out to top off water and look in the corner of Russ's stall, what the heck another egg? Not only that this thing is a monster.
Here is the mystery egg beside Butter's egg. Butter also lays my biggest eggs.
View attachment 3183898
This thing is huge and I cannot close the lid on that carton without breaking it
View attachment 3183901View attachment 3183902
For people on here that have had them, do those look like Cinnamon Queen or Isa brown eggs? Did Rural King actually have them marked right and they are not Mystery Red Chickens after all?
View attachment 3183906View attachment 3183909
I just cannot see that being a pullet egg, but good lord what else can it be? I do know in the next few days I'm going to be stalking that area to see if I can catch the culprit. I also suppose if more then one of them a day start appearing soon I'll know my answer.
Ok folks, we have to pause the trip down memory lane for a minute because I am stumped. We also need to revisit the "Cinnamon Queen, Isa Brown or even Red Sex-link" issue all over again. The Hooligans will be 5 months in just over a week and a half. I figured I should start looking for new eggs around the 2nd week of August maybe. I have a egg that is throwing me for a loop. Every single current laying hens egg is accounted for today except Momma hens. She lays a white egg so she does not figure into this equation. I go out to top off water and look in the corner of Russ's stall, what the heck another egg? Not only that this thing is a monster.
Here is the mystery egg beside Butter's egg. Butter also lays my biggest eggs.
View attachment 3183898
This thing is huge and I cannot close the lid on that carton without breaking it
View attachment 3183901View attachment 3183902
For people on here that have had them, do those look like Cinnamon Queen or Isa brown eggs? Did Rural King actually have them marked right and they are not Mystery Red Chickens after all?
View attachment 3183906View attachment 3183909
I just cannot see that being a pullet egg, but good lord what else can it be? I do know in the next few days I'm going to be stalking that area to see if I can catch the culprit. I also suppose if more then one of them a day start appearing soon I'll know my answer.
These breeds along with golden comets are known for their jumbo eggs. Usually they will start out small and get larger as their bodies adjust, but the could lay that large of one right off the bat. It could also be a double yoker.

Try coq-au-vin? See if she cares more for her rooster than herself?
All day (pretty much) Xzit has been right next to me. She snuggled up close, and I fell asleep. She didn’t move a muscle. I just woke up and she was still right next to me, under my arm. I’m the better rooster I guess! (Or maybe it’s the air conditioning she needs) :idunno

:oops: They seem to come with the nipple drinkers, now. I've had my cooler waterers for ?3 years? now, back then they came as just the adaptors. I did a quick search on Amazon...and didn't read :rolleyes:, just thought the image was for visualization purposes. But you are correct...seems like you just need to add cooler (and thicker washers if using smallish round coolers) Sorry! :oops:
Oh, phew! Yay! Thank you!

Congratulations Bob!!

Congrats Reaction GIF

Of course, Sandy contemplating the beach comes first.

View attachment 3183309

And because it's nice to remember her face, Sandy keeping an eye on the road in case I take a wrong turn.

View attachment 3183310

Backseat driver :rolleyes: no, just Janet.

View attachment 3183311

View attachment 3183325

A young Mary.

View attachment 3183312

Be still my heart! And Bob's. It's baby Ivy! :bow

View attachment 3183323

And now she's fully grown.

View attachment 3183324

Little Peggy had such a floofy tooshi!

View attachment 3183326

She did not! She did so. No way!! Yes, way.

View attachment 3183327

The sweetheart shot.

View attachment 3183328

Thank you for your stalwart friendship, wisdom and kindness @BY Bob :hugs

You're a wonderful friend!
What a wonderful post!

Awww… I remember Sandy’s car rides!

Back
Top Bottom