they hatched on 1 July - this is them @ 1 week (5 of them; the chipmunk and the crested each have a different mum). Juvenile plumage is coming through but it's not obvious what the adult plumage will be as yet. View attachment 3183339
Oh my goodness 💖💖💖

They are so cute 💖 and the mama is very beautiful. Wish I could get some chicks under my broodies but it's not practical for me, I have to live vicariously through others 🤗

Thanks for sharing!

Congratulations Bob!!

Congrats Reaction GIF

Of course, Sandy contemplating the beach comes first.

View attachment 3183309

And because it's nice to remember her face, Sandy keeping an eye on the road in case I take a wrong turn.

View attachment 3183310

Backseat driver :rolleyes: no, just Janet.

View attachment 3183311

View attachment 3183325

A young Mary.

View attachment 3183312

Be still my heart! And Bob's. It's baby Ivy! :bow

View attachment 3183323

And now she's fully grown.

View attachment 3183324

Little Peggy had such a floofy tooshi!

View attachment 3183326

She did not! She did so. No way!! Yes, way.

View attachment 3183327

The sweetheart shot.

View attachment 3183328

Thank you for your stalwart friendship, wisdom and kindness @BY Bob :hugs

You're a wonderful friend!
Ooooh - you picked almost all my favorites. Missing for me is Ivy posing on/by your chair. An all time great!

Heavy rains overnight here, which will make the corn and mosquitoes happy hahaha.

I was up at 5am and couldn't believe someone was out in the bush behind my back paddock shooting! My horses are out there, and just what i don't need is my idiot Neighbours out poaching deer and Turkey and accidentally shooting my horses. It's barely light at 5am....

Checked the barn cams and the horses where just milling about outside the back of the barn, the chickies were ok still sleeping.

View attachment 3183352

Guess I better get cracking do chores and get to work...
Can you shoot back at them? :old :idunno

I've posted hundreds of pictures on this thread from the tribes in Catalonia; some of the luckiest chickens in the world with regard to freedom and care.
Unfortunately the overwhelming majority of chickens don't live like that and don't look like the lovely chickens in the pictures on this thread.

So, rather than post yet another set of pictures of privileged heritage breeds bred for the backyard chicken enthusiast I thought some pictures of the boring abused Red Sex LInks that supply the majority of the eggs people buy in the UK might be appropriate.

Predator.
PA170551.JPG

Safe.
PB040845.JPG

Inquisitive.
PB171025.JPG

Prisoners.
PC281449.JPG

Back
Top Bottom