View attachment 1633786

I have been wanting to do this for some time now. I knew once I started doing this there would be no going back. So I am now diving in and I hope you all enjoy coming along for the ride.

First of all let me tell you how we view our flock as that will help you to understand why we treat them like we do.

Our birds are our pets and we treat them as such. We do not care if someone is not laying eggs. They are welcome to stay at Fluffy Butt Acres until they pass naturally. (Now don't go telling them that! I would hate for word to get out) We do thoroughly enjoy the fresh eggs.

I plan to tell stories from the past as well as from today. I hope you all enjoy and will share stories of your flocks as well.
Decade not nearly AA
View attachment 1633786

I have been wanting to do this for some time now. I knew once I started doing this there would be no going back. So I am now diving in and I hope you all enjoy coming along for the ride.

First of all let me tell you how we view our flock as that will help you to understand why we treat them like we do.

Our birds are our pets and we treat them as such. We do not care if someone is not laying eggs. They are welcome to stay at Fluffy Butt Acres until they pass naturally. (Now don't go telling them that! I would hate for word to get out) We do thoroughly enjoy the fresh eggs.

I plan to tell stories from the past as well as from today. I hope you all enjoy and will share stories of your flocks as well.

View attachment 1633786

We are not as creative with the name of our coop but our 11yr old daughter has already named all of our flock. 8 chicks as a start. We are hoping they will be producers of many fresh eggs. But that won't bear big one since our daughter will.enjoy caring for and watching the grow up and run around. Love the post!.

Finally have names for at least some of the littles

20220603_184425_001.jpg
Pippa, mini-Cheetah with cheeks

20220603_184428.jpg
Maizie, hatched from a blue egg, buff Orpington x EE, will likely lay either blue or green eggs, but several months away yet.

20220603_185205.jpg
Ember, a feisty little thing: at the MIL, she would attack any hand going into brooder, wether near any baby or at the other end. Since coming here, only once.

This little chocolate flame is still undetermined. Has a bit of wattles (not as much as Horus), but comb isn't doing much (no color).
20220603_185331.jpg

Settling down tonight...
20220603_190340.jpg
Horus is at the back, and wattles are noticeable as is comb growth.

Jessica and her littles
20220603_190324.jpg
No signs of wattles or comb color.
20220603_185306.jpg
Bonus: don't you love it when they move at JUST the wrong moment

View attachment 3135496Pippa, mini-Cheetah with cheeks

View attachment 3135498Maizie, hatched from a blue egg, buff Orpington x EE, will likely lay either blue or green eggs, but several months away yet.

View attachment 3135500Ember, a feisty little thing: at the MIL, she would attack any hand going into brooder, wether near any baby or at the other end. Since coming here, only once.

This little chocolate flame is still undetermined. Has a bit of wattles (not as much as Horus), but comb isn't doing much (no color).View attachment 3135514

Settling down tonight...View attachment 3135513Horus is at the back, and wattles are noticeable as is comb growth.

Jessica and her littlesView attachment 3135522No signs of wattles or comb color.View attachment 3135523Bonus: don't you love it when they move at JUST the wrong moment
That picture of them all settling down for the night with the babies in the box is a wonderful picture. You should submit for POW or calendar.

View attachment 3135498Maizie, hatched from a blue egg, buff Orpington x EE, will likely lay either blue or green eggs, but several months away yet.

View attachment 3135500Ember, a feisty little thing: at the MIL, she would attack any hand going into brooder, wether near any baby or at the other end. Since coming here, only once.

This little chocolate flame is still undetermined. Has a bit of wattles (not as much as Horus), but comb isn't doing much (no color).View attachment 3135514

Settling down tonight...View attachment 3135513Horus is at the back, and wattles are noticeable as is comb growth.

Jessica and her littlesView attachment 3135522No signs of wattles or comb color.View attachment 3135523Bonus: don't you love it when they move at JUST the wrong moment
Oh yes it's so annoying haha

So darling, oh they are just so cute

Decade not nearly AA

We are not as creative with the name of our coop but our 11yr old daughter has already named all of our flock. 8 chicks as a start. We are hoping they will be producers of many fresh eggs. But that won't bear big one since our daughter will.enjoy caring for and watching the grow up and run around. Love the post!.
We need photos 🤗💖 of the chicks

I'm back to life.

They had to put in the IVs 3 times because my arms are so skinny. I cried a lot and was extremely anxious, but I am more or less fine and have been playing computer games and drawing pictures. Also had some black walnut fudge ice cream from the agricultural campus dairy store.

Wisdom tax:
IMG_20220312_234749023.jpg

Back
Top Bottom