I wonder what one would have to do to actually import eggs....

I am sure it can be done just as one would import horses and cattle. In fact I bet importing eggs would likely be easier than livestock....
What little I researched it is a ton of paperwork on both ends, at the time insanely expensive, and there was a holding period in US Customs. Honestly, I would love to do it, but unless things have changed, with the time delays the eggs would probably have poor fertility. I want some of those Marans, but I would need some serious sense smacked into me if I up and spent several hundred dollars to hope for just a few chicks.

Mine have ate frogs and toads and were just fine. They have to be because when they murder something, there is no way I can chase them down to retrieve it. I spent 10 minutes yesterday trying to catch one of the babies. She found a cigarette butt and she did not want to give it up. When I finally cornered and caught her and removed it from her beak she kept giving me evil looks.
Oh I know that look! Buttercup gave that look the other day when I grabbed the mouse from her hahaha.

I was worried about the toads as I know they have glands on their back that are supposed to have toxins.

What little I researched it is a ton of paperwork on both ends, at the time insanely expensive, and there was a holding period in US Customs. Honestly, I would love to do it, but unless things have changed, with the time delays the eggs would probably have poor fertility. I want some of those Marans, but I would need some serious sense smacked into me if I up and spent several hundred dollars to hope for just a few chicks.
Ok so then a lottery win is in order for us both in that case 💖

Some fluffy
20220415_163858.jpg
20220415_163932.jpg

Rosie is standing on Stars grave. We are planning on making a sitting area here.

This is what I have found for Canada, importing eggs for personal use. Apparently can import up to 2 dozen for personal use (excluding broiler eggs...?), So wonder if I can get some polish eggs brought up here 😊

https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-95-42/page-1.html

Back
Top Bottom