Lilly Update

The vet called at 7:30 pm tonight to discuss Lilly. She was consulting on Lilly because because the lab results showed nothing abnormal.

Nothing

After consultation, they have determined that they believe that Lilly has colitis. We are going to do another dose of time release doxycycline and put her on Metacam for inflammation. I will be taking her to the vet for 10:30 am to get her shot.

Overall, provided they are correct, this is a good diagnosis. We can cure this.

What a relief!

The Iron Beak is not done yet.

View attachment 3002216

@Ribh @MaryJanet @Aussie-Chookmum @LozzyR @Marie2020 @Shadrach @ChicoryBlue @micstrachan
Amazing news 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
So happy to hear it ☺️

Can you find the 2 little friends in the tree? The girls wait underneath while little pieces of apple rain down for them 🤭

9B53F6D9-14C7-4767-B9E6-CC65F123B98A.jpeg

I think Belle is starting her moult too now her broodiness has worn off so another month or so on top of the month just gone before I get another sparrow egg from her 😂

Can you find the 2 little friends in the tree? The girls wait underneath while little pieces of apple rain down for them 🤭

View attachment 3002381

I think Belle is starting her moult too now her broodiness has worn off so another month or so on top of the month just gone before I get another sparrow egg from her 😂
Maybe the chickens hired them to get the apples out of the tree.

Last edited:

View attachment 3002381

Beautiful ladies 🤗

And lovely green tree, so wonderful.

When they start depends upon the breed and the daylight. Most breeds start around 20 weeks. Some about 19, some more like 22, and a few at around the 24 week mark. Bitsas (bits o' this and that) lay when they're darn good and ready to.
The Buckeyes were almost exactly 24 weeks old - hatch day was July 6, first egg Jan 4.

Back
Top Bottom