Thanks ACM. I went to bed early last night and finally slept again. The first night since I saw Lilly in distress. I'm still tired this morning but I feel a little better.
I'm glad you had a decent sleep Bob.

I think you could do with some pampering though. You've had a stressful time. :hugs

Ok Fluffy Butt peeps, I'm in trouble now. I have a lone chick. The 3rd egg looks like it quit around day 17 or 18. I've already called Tractor Supply and Rural king. Neither one has chicks right now. Tractor Supply will get theirs in next Thursday. There was one more local feed store that used to carry chicks so I called them. They no longer carry chicks, they claimed they could not compete with Tractor Supply and Rural king. I've got it in the brooder, it ate and drink a little but it needs a friend now.
When a friend of mine had baby chicks she used to carry them around with her by tucking them into her bra. You could try that until you are able to get her some company. She would stay warm that way too.

Did Betty Lay?

She was acting like she wanted to lay. Here was Aurora's egg in the nest box earlier today. Look how pink!

View attachment 2999226

Notice how Aurora has removed all straw from the nest box so it's just the way she likes it.

Here is what I found at dusk.
View attachment 2999231

That's right, 1 white, 1 pink, 1and 1 beige. The white one is a polish egg. Is it Betty or Phyllis?

Let's compare. It weighs exactly the same as Phyllis egg from Thursday, 50g.

However, it does not seem to be quite as white as Phyllis' eggs. Here are 3, 2 known Phyllis eggs and the egg from today.

View attachment 2999240

To me it seems a little creamier than Phyllis' eggs. What does everybody else think?

Is that egg from a different hen?

@Ribh @LozzyR @MaryJanet @Aussie-Chookmum @micstrachan @ChicoryBlue
The middle one looks more beige to me.

Weather whining tax:
View attachment 2999280
Good thing I stopped to get some photos this afternoon when I walked down to the house eh? One of these girls is a new layer too! Guess who I caught making an egg song today… this little beauty is now a full fledged layer!
View attachment 2999283And true to her blue feathered legs and little puffy cheeks, she has got her Grandpa’s genes for sure! Chickie Hawk makes up for his attitude in both his beauty and his offspring 😉 and their eggs! This is actually her second egg (but this time I got some confirmation on who the layer was) View attachment 2999288
That is a truly gorgeous egg. 🥰

Back
Top Bottom