All I can say is you're all very brave. Camo combats, heavyweight, boots, leather gloves in one pocket, walnuts in the other annd that's the lightweight chicken tending kit.
Take no chances is my view. We're not dealing with cuddly toys here you know.
I couldn't help but notice chickens have sharp bits!:p
Oh I know! We've only had one roo over the last 25 plus years of keeping chickens cause any harm. I have my theory as to what caused him to go off. He attacked my elderly mother, then my husband, then sadly we decided to put him down as it was all unprovoked. I keep a close watch on them when I'm in the pen...I don't want an encounter with their sharp bits!😂

Oh I know! We've only had one roo over the last 25 plus years of keeping chickens cause any harm. I have my theory as to what caused him to go off. He attacked my elderly mother, then my husband, then sadly we decided to put him down as it was all unprovoked. I keep a close watch on them when I'm in the pen...I don't want an encounter with their sharp bits!😂
So far I have found the sharp bits on the cats to be more painful than the sharp bits on chickens. But I don't have a rooster with spurs so it may not be a fair comparison.
I did get an almighty peck yesterday because a little green bug landed on me. Diana is quick and she loves little green bugs.
She didn't draw blood but it was very painful! Still, I fared better than the little green bug.

Socks on a Rooster

I just heard this phrase which I have never heard before, "It's like trying to put socks on a rooster".

I'm wondering, does that mean it's easy or hard? What do you think @featherhead007? Does Jaffar wear socks? Does he put them on one foot at a time?

So far I have found the sharp bits on the cats to be more painful than the sharp bits on chickens. But I don't have a rooster with spurs so it may not be a fair comparison.
I did get an almighty peck yesterday because a little green bug landed on me. Diana is quick and she loves little green bugs.
She didn't draw blood but it was very painful! Still, I fared better than the little green bug.
No green toenail polish with flip flops around that girl...you might lose a toe...:gig

Back
Top Bottom